4.

sunghoon immediately woke up from his alarm blaring, eyes quickly looking for the other boy. he sigh as he noticed the boy was still sleeping soundly.

sunghoon take few minutes to recall what had happened last night. he was in absolute distress after jake went out from the house. he was irritated by the fact that jake lead a normal teenager life- going out, having fun and all. he envies that.

to be honest, sunghoon waited for jake to come home, he at least need to see what was jake's expression, whether he is happy or anything but sunghoon, being himself, he fell asleep right before he can witness anything. 

and so, he didn't know whether jake have fun or not and it's bothering him even more because he sure everyone will start to gossip about that later. 

sunghoon throws a pillow at the latter, an attempt to wake the latter up and amazingly, it worked.

"can you be nice? it's still early i don't want to spoil my mood this early" jake grunts, glaring at sunghoon.

sunghoon ignores him as he go for shower, he chuckles slightly, proud that he manage to tease him.

--

"how are nicholas?" sunghoon suddenly asked as they eat their breakfast together, making jake choke on the pancake.

"he's okay i guess" jake said, not paying much attention to it

"as someone who had known nicholas more than you know him, i just hope you be more careful with him- you know, heard somewhere he sometimes hang with the wrong crowd" sunghoon said nonchalantly,

jake scoff at that, "i think you got the wrong idea here"

"well- just saying," sunghoon said, putting his cutlery down, "you know, don't want my parents somehow get related to whatever it is"

jake look at sunghoon, jaw slightly drop, "and you know what sunghoon-"

sunghoon look at the latter, giving a sign for jake to continue,

"i think you forgot your owned rule" jake finished, eyes meeting with sunghoon's confused one.

"your life is yours and mine is mine. we got nothing to do with each other and AND we are not friends, we are supposed to not know each other" jake quoted, leaving sunghoon alone at the kitchen.

sunghoon sharply inhale as jake smugly grin at him.

--

sunghoon has been rather quiet the whole day at school and somehow he can't help but to keep remembering his conversation with jake that morning. and sunghoon is embarrassed of himself, he don't know what has gotten into him to said something like that.

i supposed to not care of him!!

sunghoon focused back on his book, rereading the same line over and over again. he don't even know what is happening to him, or what even is going on now. all he knows are, he is frustrated.

sunghoon claimed that he has the worse day ever that day as he saw jake, jungwon and ni-ki sitting next to their usual lunch table. quietly swearing sunoo for invited the three for lunch.

"yeay! i finally get to know jake properly" heeseung exclaims, fascinated as he finally get to see jake up close.

"dude, ive been wanting to talk with you for some long time!" jay said, happily greet the new boy.

"and i do believe, it is all the work of yang jungwon. i know i can trust you" jay continue, making jungwon slightly confused by the sudden thanks,

"excuse me, i was the one who invited them here!" sunoo said, slapping jay's shoulder.

"and sorry jake, this guy right here is not good at making friends, so just- ignore him! he doesn't care" heeseung said, pointing at sunghoon.

and that was when jake properly take a look at sunghoon, the latter was completely annoyed by his presence- jake can tell that much. but more infuriating is he don't even acknowledge that jake was there.

what an ignorant

jake slightly chuckles at that, nodded his head.

all of them are currently talking about how was everything back at their old schools- from jungwon, to jake and ni-ki. everyone somehow manages to squeeze in a bit of their stories in it.

sunghoon on the other hand, ignores whatever conversation they had as he dive into the new book he borrowed from the library, quietly wishing for the recess to over quickly.

"oh jake! heard you went out with nicholas?? you know him?" jay asked, and sunghoon's ears perked at that question.

"ah…actually, ive known him even before- he went to the same school as me when i was like… 4th or 5th grade? and he just know im transferring here so we kind of hang out and talk about our childhood" jake said, sunghoon head snapped to look at him, eyes confused.

"thought he tryna date you or something!! we all thought so" sunoo said, surprised.

"ah no...no, im- not in relationship" jake said, trying his best not to look at sunghoon who has been staring at him since.

"uh- actually i heard somewhere that nicholas hang out with the wrong crowd?" jake asked, gaining a chorus of 'huh' from the others.

"i don't know where you heard it- but, he's a good kid… very nice kid" jay said, 

jake smirk at that, eyes moves towards sunghoon's direction, "oh- for whatever reasons the person who said that had lied to me then" 

"that person probably jealous youre going out with nicholas..." heeseung added right after, jake smirk as he maintained his eyes with sunghoon.

sunghoon rolled his eyes, sighing, "i- go first," he said, not even letting his friends to say anything.

jake chuckles slightly, feeling accomplished that he got to make sunghoon flustered. he look back to his new friends, all confused with sunghoon's behavior.

except. 

there's already someone who has been eyeing them from time to time.

oh, and shall they scared for this little devil?

they probably should.