Arc 4: Chapter 91

Start from the beginning

She leaned into his warm touch. "What did you do when I was gone?"

Alec couldn't help but smile as he gazed at her warmly, "I waited for you. As well as some leftover things that needed to be done."

Elenor hummed in response before looking at him dead in the eye, "I'm almost two years late but how's your injuries?"

Alec chuckled, openly expressing his emotions in front of her. He leaned in, their nose touching against one another.

"Want to see?" he asked, his hot breath blowing against her face.

"Yes." she said with a serious tone.

Alec stared at her before sighing. He pulled away, removing his coat, letting it rest on the bed before he began to unbutton his shirt.

It took five seconds for Elenor to realise what he was doing. She squeezed her eyes shut before burying her face into the blanket.

She could hear him fumbling with his shirt but stopped, "Why are you looking away? Didn't you ask to see."

"Y-yeah but uhhh..." Elenor could feel her face heating up.

"I already took my shirt off."

"I-I can't."

"Too shy?"

Elenor could feel the smugness in his tone. Not wanting to give in, she lifted her face up and opened her eyes.

Her eyes fell on his body. It had large, deep scars around his chest and lower abdomen. Her face grew dark as she clumsily brought her fingers to the scars, lightly dragging her fingers across them.

"I'm sorry this happened to you." Elenor asked, somberly.

"It doesn't matter. As long as you don't leave me, these scars don't matter." he muttered, taking her fingers up to his lips, pressing soft chaste kisses on each finger.

"Cheesy." she commented but she didn't hide the smile on her face.

Elenor wanted to touch the scars more but Alec quickly buttoned back his shirt up and put on his coat back.

"Anymore and I won't be able to hold myself back." he said, sucking in his breath.

Elenor laughed finding his reactions amusing. Alec looked out at the window before checking his pocket watch. He had a sour look on his face before standing up.

"Where are you going?" she asked, watching him get up from the chair.

"I have to go now."

"Oh...you're still busy?"

Alec nodded, "I'm afraid so but I'll try my best to get everything done. I don't want you to leave me again." the last was mumbled so softly, Elenor wasn't able to catch it.

She hummed, nodding her head. "Take care, Alec."

Alec adjusted his coat before looking back at her. The bed dipped slightly as he pressed his hand against the bed, leaning in, kissing her lips ever so softly.

It was sweet and simple yet it still gave her butterflies in her stomach. He pulled away and the same smile Elenor had seen in her dreams, bloomed on his face.

"I love you, Hyejin."

Elenor pushed back the fit of giggles and smiled, "I love you too, Alec."

After that, for the next months or so, everyone in the Marquess household took care of her thoroughly. Nobody left their eyes off of Elenor as she recovered slowly.