Arc 4: Chapter 88

Start from the beginning

"I'll kill you!" Alec yelled, his murderous intent spilling out uncontrollably.

Jonian chuckled, "See if you can."

Jonian swiftly swung his blade towards Alec. Noticing his attack, he blocked it before counter attacking it, giving Jonian a large slash on his arm.

He showed no signs of pain and didn't give Alec another second to attack him. He leaped back and threw out small daggers. They were as thin as a needle and around a finger's length.

Alec dodged most of the daggers but when his foot came in contact with the ground, Jonian was right in front of him, his blade about to press deep into his guts. Being caught off guard, Alec was only able to move his body to the side, letting the sharp blade dig into his shoulder blade.

He winced at the pain but held back his groans as he distanced himself from his opponent. He pressed his hand against his shoulder, tightly pressing down on it to cease the bleeding. He sneered at Jonian who only looked on at him.

"Not bad." was all Jonian said before running towards him again.

The blade came across with Alec's, blocking it with all his strength. The two blades trembled by the amount of force the two were using against one another. Alec gritted his teeth, his jaw tensing up as he exerted more force on his blade.

Jonian furrowed his brows before jumping away, a loud cling sound ringing.

"You won't be able to hold on." he commented, looking at the deep wound he made.

Alec didn't reply to him. He knew there was the possibility of him dying right here and then. He also knew that he could die not from this man in front of him but the cold air seeping into his bones and wounds he received.

But he can't die here. He had to protect her. He would trade his life for her.

He staggered, standing up straight, his eyes returning back on his opponent who twirled his blade around his fingers.

'I'll kill you. I will fucking kill you.'

Alec pounced on him, not wasting any more time. If he did, he could already foresee him dying in the man's hands.

Jonian was about to block his attack when Alec midway moved to the side. He smirked as if he predicted Alec's moves. He moved to the left, waiting for Alec to attack him but the attack didn't come.

He frowned before he realised. His eyes widened and tried to back away but he was too late. Alec had misled him into thinking he would attack him from the side but all along it was always from the front.

Alec swiftly used his blade, giving him larger and deeper slashes onto his chest, blood splattering all over the snowy grass.

Jonian was panting, clearly not expecting Alec to use even more strength after he had stabbed him on his dominant shoulder blade. He couldn't help but chuckle, finding this even more fun than before.

"It's been some time since I have met a good opponent." his pupils were dilated as his smile grew distorted.

"...Just shut up and die." Alec spoke with disdain.

Jonian who was already pretty fast before this, picked up even more speed, throwing more forceful and speedier attacks towards Alec.

Alec was able to match his speed, blocking and evading his attacks left and right, even throwing his own attacks back at Jonian when there was a chance.

As the fight went on, the wind grew colder and harsher while Hera boredly watched them. She was about to yell at Jonian to finish the fight and end it by injuring Alec to the point of him close to death when she noticed a bright light shining in their direction.