twenty-seven

My other auntie still lives here so that's where I'm going to be while I get my head straight

My other auntie still lives here so that's where I'm going to be while I get my head straight. After we got something to eat we arrived at her house.

My auntie had one child but she's around my age so she's always alone. She says that she likes it that way but I know sometimes it gets lonely.

I got out of my car opening the backseat door grabbing the traveling bag and then I grabbed her holding her on my hip while she was still sleeping.

The rain had kind of stopped so it wasn't as gloomy as it was before.

I walked carefully to the door and rang the doorbell waiting for her to come to the door.

This would be surprising because like I said before I shut my phone off and haven't been on it this whole time.

When she opened the door she put her hand over her mouth not believing her eyes.

"Oh my God, Sabrea come in." She gestured with her hands as she opened the door some more allowing me to walk in her home.

After I put my bag down, we hugged and I could feel Serayah slowly waking up.

"I haven't seen you in a while." She smiled.

"I know, I been so busy." I laughed nervously as we let go of each other and sat down on the couch.

"Sorry for just popping up- it's okay, you know you're welcomed over here any time I don't be doing nothing no way." She laughed.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Whew she done got so big, last time I saw her was when she was bout' 6 months, you don't remember me do it?" She tickled Serayah's arm and Serayah just mugged her.

"Serayah don't be like that." I laughed adjusting her in my lap.

"She good." My auntie laughed. "She just woke up she'll warm up to me soon." She said.

"What brings you by? Is everything alright?" She asked.

"Not really, I been so stressed out lately." I said holding Serayah in my lap. "I was hoping I could stay for like a day or two so I can clear my head. I just needed to get away from everybody." I explained.

"Of course you can stay over here." She approved.

"Thank you again." I said.

"No problem, now what you been stressed about though, I hope it's not that damn baby daddy of yours." She sipped from her mug.

"It's not just him though, it's other stuff as well to be honest." I shrugged.

"You know how I do, work with one problem at a time. That's your problem right there, you try to solve all your problems at the same time." She said.

She wasn't lying. One thing about my auntie, she'll give some good advice, but it's not always what you want to hear it's what you need to hear. She's very blunt and doesn't bite her tongue for anything, that's why I came here.