twelve

When I woke up it was still morning time

When I woke up it was still morning time. Serayah was wide awake watching TV.

"GoodMorning baby." I said.

"GoodMorning Mommy." She said.

"Come on let's go give you a bath." I said quietly so I wouldn't wake Avontae up.

I picked her up and I first ran the water, then I went to her room to grab her some clothes to put on afterwards.

While I was giving her a bath I felt like crying again. Like how can someone harm a child. She's literally 2 years old, there's nothing she could have possibly done to deserve this.

When I finished I wrapped her up in a towel, dried her off, and put her clothes on. A tear slipped out of my eyes and she rubbed her little hand on my face wiping my tear.

"Don't cry mommy." She said and all I could do was just hug her.

We brushed our teeth together and washed our face then we went downstairs.

"You wanna help mommy cook breakfast?" I asked her as she sat on the island.

"Yes." She responded.

"Okay let mommy make this call first." I said as I went upstairs to grab my phone.

Avontae wasn't in the bed and I heard water running so he had to be just waking up.

I grabbed my phone and made the call on the way downstairs.

"Hello." Teyana said.

"Hey, Can you let everybody know I'm gone be out for a week or more it depends so just pause the bookings for now." I said going to the kitchen.

"Is everything okay, you good?" She asked.

"A family incident, I just really need be home for a while." I said.

"Take all the time you need. You know we always here if you need us. I'm gone be calling to check on you." She said.

"Thank you." I said.

"Alright I'll talk to you later, love you friend." She said.

"Love you too friend." I smiled as the call ended.

The whole time we were making breakfast Avontae hadn't came downstairs.

"Eat your food okay." I kissed Serayah's forehead
and went back to the room and he was leaning on the dresser while he was on his phone.

"You coming down to eat?" I asked.

"Nah, I'm not hungry." He mumbled and I walked up to him.

"You good?" I asked and he pulled me close to him.

"Yea."

"What you do last night?" I asked.

Now you know damn well-