2.1

Bloom found herself at the entrance to a courtyard before large and heavy glass gates. Bloom couldn't even see through the thick glass, try as she might. Bloom watched as Stella walked ahead of her towards the study gates. The large glass doors opened by some will of their own.

Bloom hiked up the hanging threads of her dress and quickly followed the faerie, worried that the gates would see through her lies and deem her unworthy, leaving her be locked out with no way of getting in.

Bloom felt that familiar zapping of wards as she passed under the archway. Her eyes and nose burned as that metallic thrumming shoved its way up her nostrils. She coughed once, twice, as she passed through the entrance to the school courtyard.

Fraud. The word echoed through Blooms head as she entered into the beautiful courtyard, and not just because Bloom was impersonating someone else- a princess, no less- but because Bloom wondered if what she felt in her bones meant that she truly didn't belong there.

Bloom looked around the courtyard at the beautiful sprawling grounds with paths leading every direction. The paths all conjoined in the middle of the courtyard under an archway, where a slender brown haired woman hiked her glasses up on her beady eyes.

The dark teal fabric of her stiff dress swayed as the brown haired woman talked to a girl who looked to be around Bloom's age. The girl was shaking, as if in fear of the woman who loomed before her. The stance of the woman with beady eyes was assertive, and she pointed a finger at the girl as if in scolding. Stella followed Bloom's eyes towards the woman. "That's Griselda, head of discipline." Stella said to her softly. "She's the literal worst."

Bloom frowned. "We have to talk to her, don't we?" It wasn't really a question.

Stella nodded. "Technically, registration ended yesterday, but don't worry, I'll convince her to let us in."

Bloom snapped her head towards Stella, feeling exposed in the strange dress she wore. "Are you sure she'll let us register? I look ridiculous."

"You look royal." Stella countered. "You're welcome, by the way." Stella started walking towards Griselda and Bloom did the same. "I doubt she'll ask any questions." Stella added. "Don't slouch, hold her stare. Act like you belong here."

Bloom straightened her shoulders and took a deep breath.

The two girls approached the head of discipline, who crossed her arms over her chest and narrowed her eyes.

"Good morning Miss Griselda." Stella said sweetly, a soft smile lighting up her face.

"Well, if it isn't Princess Stella of Solaria. I never thought I'd see you here after what happened last year.." She narrowed her eyes even more, which Bloom didn't even know was possible, and said, "I'm surprised you've chosen to grace us with your presence once again."

Stella just gave a light hearted shrug, her sweet smile still gracing her features. "I don't give up that easily, you know."

Griselda sneered in response. "And who is your friend?"

Stella shifted her body to look towards Bloom. "This is Princess Veranda of Callisto. I'm sure she's on the class roster."

Griselda just looked at the red haired girl, observing her dress and jewelry. Her eyes met Bloom's, and Stella's reminder rang in her head. She did not lower her gaze. Griselda sighed, snapping her fingers. A clipboard appeared out of thin air beside her, and Bloom tried to mask her features to hide her surprise. Griselda picked up the floating clipboard and scanned the list of names, her cold gray eyes landing on Veranda Callisto's name. "You know, the deadline for check-in and registration was yesterday. We don't tolerate exceptions at Alfea, perhaps I should reach out to Veranda's parents about this."