𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 :

Leaving the comfort of my warm bed was much harder than I initially thought it would be. Plus, have I mentioned how terrifying the sound of the Apple Alarm is? It causes me to wake up startled every morning, which is a tragic start to my day.

I reach for my phone, wanting to stop the incredibly annoying sound. I quickly run my thumb down the screen, checking for any notifications which could be important. A faded smile appears on my lips when I realise that my mom has texted me, making my heart warm at the thought of her, as well as the rest of my family.

Ugh, today's not the day to feel homesick, Irin.

Momma
Good morning sweetheart, be careful on the road today. Dress appropriately. Text me when you get to New Jersey. Σ'αγαπώ πολύ αγάπη μου!
(I love you lots, my love!)

Me
You know I will mamma. Σ'αγαπώ!
(I love you!)

Her little texts always manage to make my heart ache with so much love. Even now, at the fine age of twenty-two, she manages to 'baby' me and check up on me. She's so pure.

I kick the covers off of me, immediately getting out of my bed. After letting a small yawn escape my lips, I quickly start arranging the bedsheets, as well as the bedding, that is sitting perfectly on top of my double bed. After I have placed the pillows evenly on each side of the bed, I realise that it's probably not the right time for my perfectionism to surface, as I have to wake Ally up.

Making my way over to her room, I stand in front of her white, wooden door as a little giggle falls from my lips when I hear Ally's discrete snore from the other side of the door. I quietly enter her room, not wanting to startle her. My right hand makes its way to the light switch, quickly flipping it on, knowing that this particular action will most definitely get her out of bed. A victorious smile forms on my face when I hear Ally groaning bellow her quilt, allowing me to step closer to her.

'Rise and shine darling!' I say excitedly, causing her blonde little head to fall back into the pillow, before she lets out another groan. I roll my eyes to the back of my head, knowing she'll probably give me a hard time today.

Sometimes it feels like I'm caring for a child, not my best friend.

'No. Too early.' Ally manages to say, while her face is still stuffed in her pillow. I sigh, knowing that she's right, but not being able to do anything about it. We both agreed we would leave early so we don't get stuck in traffic, which definitely sounded more hopeful at the time.

'C'mon Al, we have a five hour drive ahead of us. We have to be out of the house by seven o'clock. That gives us fifty minutes.' I announce while tapping on Ally's phone screen, checking the time. A playful smirk starts to appear on my lips when I see that Ally has a text message notification from Hemsworth.

Now, that'll get her out of bed.

'You have a text from Hemsworth.' I simply state, as I make my way towards the door, not bothering to look behind me. Within seconds, Ally has sat up on her bed and grabbed her phone, to look at the message.

'Don't you dare go back to bed, Sanders!' I shout back to my child of a best friend, while I make my way over to the bathroom, intending to finally start the day.

After I have brushed my teeth and ensured that my hair looks presentable, I make certain that both, my toothbrush and hairbrush are now in my suitcase, ready to go. I quickly grab a pair of grey sweatpants, pairing it with a black crop top, with thin straps, that leaves my stomach, as well as the area of my chest pretty exposed. I swiftly slip the whole outfit on, relieved that I don't have to wear a bra considering that it wouldn't go with this top, as well as the fact that I'll be driving for five whole hours and I cannot deal with that much uncomfortableness.