𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 :

I stare at the message on my phone screen. Brian was the last person I was expecting a message from. I honestly don't know what to say to him. It's very sweet of him to invite Ally and I to the races tonight.

When I met Brian, I was only eighteen. He was very known around the area that Ally and I grew up in. Every girl had a crush on him. He was older, with an expensive car and a smile to die for. The bad boy all girls drooled over. His looks were honestly something else, hence why every girl fancied him. Including me.

Him and his friends were big racers. They were incredibly good too. They all loved cars. Fast cars, especially. When I was dating Brian, his group of friends used to run to every race they heard about, so Ally and I are very familiar with the atmosphere in those kinds of places. We loved it too, after all. The place that Brian is talking about, is the local racing spot in Boston. In morning light, it was nothing more than an abandoned car park, but during the night time, it was the place everyone went to.

I remember seeing all kinds of people while being there. There are always wild shit going on. But, Ally and I loved going. Seeing all those amazing cars, enjoying drinks with everyone around us, socialising with people we didn't even know and watching everyone compete against one another.

I always went to support Brian. It was kind of our thing. That's why I stopped going when him and I broke up, which is why I'm so baffled right now. I really want to say yes, but I don't know if I should. I am dying to see everyone again, including Brian. We never ended things on bad terms, it just hurt too much to keep in touch afterwards. I've healed now though. And quite frankly, I really want to visit that place again.

I let out a sigh and put my phone down. I'm not going to reply to him just yet, I have to make sure Ally wants to go too. And if she doesn't, I'll find a way to convince her.

- AN HOUR LATER -

Professor Hemsworth's voice is heard, thanking us all for joining him this morning, which is signalling the end of this lecture. I look over to see Chris speaking to a couple of students while they're making  their way towards the exit. I'm assuming they're talking about the trip. I look over to Ally who is quietly typing some last few sentences on her laptop. I should tell her.

'Hey Ally, have you got any plans for tonight?' I ask the blonde girl, making her take her eyes off the screen and look at me. I know she doesn't have any plans, which is what I'm counting on.

'You'd know if I had plans, Irin. Why? What's up?' she says, looking at me, then turning her attention back to her laptop, to turn it off I presume.

'Well, I know you might not like this, but Brian texted. He's back in town with everyone else and they're going to their old racing spot tonight. He asked us if we wanted to go? I'll understand if you don't want to, but Ally, we haven't been there in so long and-'

'Stop rambling Irin. It's okay honestly. I do want to go, I've missed those guys. And that place' Ally cuts me off and gives me a smile, reminiscing of all the memories we've made there. 

'I don't dislike Brian and you know this, I just want to look out for you' she says sympathetically. I completely understand to be honest. Ally was the one that was there for me when I was bawling my eyes out over him, she's just looking out for me.

'Aw Ally, I know, don't worry. I hadn't realised how much I missed that place until Brian messaged. Plus, everyone else will be there too. It'll be like old times!' I say smiling, standing up and grabbing our empty paper cups from our Cappuccinos previously. Ally grabs her bag and swings it over her shoulder, while we make our way towards the door.