𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 :

The car ride was pleasant. We mostly talked about everyday stuff, making casual conversation, until we got to the restaurant.

Chris finds a parking spot quite easily. Usually, this part of Boston is beaming at night, but it's only Wednesday, so we don't have to worry about over-crowdedness. When the engine is off, we both unbuckle our seatbelts, ready to get out of the overpriced car. Before I can open the door myself, Chris is already standing right outside my door, holding it open for me.

'Such a gentleman!' I comment as I make my way out of his car, giving him a casual smirk.

'I just know how to treat a lady right!' he lifts his shoulders, and then drops them back down. He just gave me the cutest smile ever.

'We shall see.' I say, giving him a little smile. He shakes his head, understanding my reference. Dirty jokes will definitely be a thing tonight.

We're about to cross the road, when his right hand touches the lower part of my back, slowly guiding me towards the fancy restaurant. I smile at the physical contact, as I think it's more of a protecting gesture, seeing as we are crossing the street.

'Have you been here before?' he asks me, while we are walking up the embellished staircase, that leads to the restaurant.

'A couple of times. Have you?' I question him, looking down at my feet as I'm walking up the stairs, making sure I don't fall. Of course, Chris notices that, as he removes his right hand off my back and quickly offers it to me, for support. I smile at his gesture and gladly accept, tightening my grip around his muscles, bringing us closer.

'Yeah, me too!' he says quickly, while looking in front of him, as we are now at the very entrance of the luxurious restaurant. The receptionist looks at Chris and smiles, and then turns his gaze on me, doing the same.

'Hello, I have a reservation booked under the name Evans, please!' Chris says politely, smiling at the middle-aged man, sitting right in front of him. My heart melts when I see how kind and compassionate he is. He truly is a gentleman.

The man quickly nods as they exchange a few polite words. His eyes are looking down at what I'm assuming is a list of reservations. He gestures us to follow him, and we both do so, my hand still gripping on Chris' arm. The kind man points to where our table is and politely withdraws, after wishing us a lovely night.

Chris stands behind me, pulling my chair out for me to sit on. I smile at his gesture again and sit on the chair, as he slowly pushes it in afterwards. He also sits right across me. The deem light that is right above the two of us, making his handsome face look angelic.

Before we can exchange too many words, the waiter approaches our table, handing us the menus.

'Have you decided what you would like to drink tonight?' he politely asks while he's taking out his tablet, to put down our order. Chris looks over to me, gesturing me to order what I want.

'May I have a glass of the Campo Viejo Reserva?' I ask politely. I could feel my accent coming through as I was saying the name of one of the finest, red wines. The waiter quickly notes it down. Chris looks at me with surprised eyes.

'I'll have a glass of the exact same, please.' Chris states, looking over at the waiter, who promises to come back shortly with our drinks.

'I didn't know you liked red wine.' Chris states excitedly, making me take my eyes off the menu. I smile at him, taking my eyes off him again, as hard as it is proving.

'There's an awful lot you don't know about me, Evans.' I cheekily state, as a smile is forming on my lips. Chris smiles and picks up the catalogue, checking it out himself.