CHAPTER 1: DEATH ITSELF EXISTS ALSO AS FEAR

Start from the beginning

"Ah- right! I... I didn't notice!" Kiara chuckled, scratching her neck awkwardly. As the silence thickened between them, both made no motions to leave.

Ina, however, stared at Mori long and hard. Her eyes fixated on Mori's bright hair in contrast to her dark jacket adorned with skulls. The inside of the baggy and loose jacket being a vivid magenta which really brought out the shape of her torso. This fixation on Mori's looks then broke when she realised Kiara was actually speaking.

"... Th-thank you again! Uhm, bye!"

Mori made no movement to stop or wave goodbye. She instead just left the two of them in their stunned silence.

As Kiara and Ina hurried themselves to their usual spot, Ina couldn't help but steal a glance or two at Mori's figure. Something about the sight of Mori's hair swaying in the wind. 'It looks like one of those anime scenes.' The timid girl thought. She pulled Kiara away, excitedly looking forward to their meeting.

...

"Y'know, Mori's kind of a nice gal."

"What?"

"Are you serious?!" Amelia and Gura both retorted, slamming their hands on the bench's table. Their mouth hung ajar in surprise of Kiara's statement. Amelia continued, "have you ever heard about what people say about that girl?!"

Kiara pouts, leaning back in offense. She scoffs, "you want to be a detective right? Aren't you always about evidence? Tell me one thing: when did there ever come up something that proved the rumours about Mori?" While her speech was awkward, they all understood clearly what Kiara was talking about: Mori's rumours were all a case of 'he-said/she-said' and everyone just blindly believed in it.

"She's a good girl!"

The young detective sighed, knocking her monocle against the table rhythmically. "If a lot of people are saying it with strong conviction, then there's probably something there." At this point, Gura was conflicted between the two of them. The two had very good points but it was difficult to prove anything without evidence to prove both their cases.

Quietly, the artistic girl got into the conversation. "I think Mori's a nice person," sketching lightly, she made a rough drawing of the frame of Mori's back. A nice fluid and dynamic line outlining her spine, curling into her strong shoulders. As the initial sketch was done, Ina drew long flowing lines from the head to show Mori's beautiful wind swept hair. What followed that was her jacket, just as intimidating as her stature but all the more beautiful.

Gura followed Ina's movement, recognising the long beautiful hair of Mori and finally confirming who it was as the jacket's design was added. "You saw her, Ina?" Gura daintily asked, not wanting to disturb the timid girl's concentration. She kept her eyes on Ina's movements though, hypnotised by her fluid motions.

Ina took a momentary glance from her drawing to Kiara and Amelia, both quite surprised by Ina's input. Despite Kiara being with her at the time, she was surprised that the girl was impressed enough to talk about Mori. Continuing, Ina added parts of the background, establishing where the light was pouring in from the window on her notebook. "Mori gave Kiara her notebook. Seemed like she didn't want to disturb us too much since she was patient enough to stay there until we took the book back."

Proudly, Kiara nodded and looked smugly at Amelia. She made the similar 'humuhumu' noise that Ina would so usually say to affirm her sentences.

In contrast, Amelia pouted. "One example doesn't slam a school's worth of information..."

"Give it a chance, Watson!" Gura heartily spoke, not actually sure that she herself would welcome Mori with open arms. She leaned back, playing Arknights on her phone now pretending to be part of the conversation.

Ina glanced towards Amelia with a small smile, "You took a chance on us."

"But you're human, somewhat and-and Kiara and Gura are different to Mori ..." she groaned, trying to gesture to compare them. "She's-! She's- You know?"

The three of them looked at Amelia with a smirk, wanting her to sweat a little more for this. "I don't know, Watson. What's different?"

"She's- You guys!" Amelia groaned, pulling down Gura's hood to hide her own embarrassment. She play-fought with Gura for a while until lunch resided and their last class came. 

~~{A/N}~~

I'll be updating everyday until I have to write again. I've been writing up the drafts for this for a while until I realised that AO3 takes a while until you're able to actually register an account. Which, y'know, fair enough. 

I am, admittedly, a big fan of Hololive. Especially HoloEN and HoloJP Gen 4. I thought if I wrote up a TakaMori story, I'd eventually get sick of it. Not that I hate the ship. What else could I really write about the ship anyway? Many people have written/drawn/depicted beautiful masterpieces about the two in a way I could not write/draw. If I wrote a TakaMori fanfiction, it'll be just the same formula as the other fanfictions/fanart. So I opted for another ship that I have just as much interest in. 

Do mind that while I do ship the characters, I do not ship the people themselves. Obviously, I feel as if it is overbearing if I just went on stream and told the streamers "NOW KISS."  

That's the cover

That's the cover. It didn't take too long since I quickly opened up my old application for this.

Thanks for reading! Kudos!

- P A S T E L