𝑇𝑤𝑜|𝑌𝑒𝑎𝑟 5

Back on the train

"You could almost see the jealousy in his eyes as he saw his ex-girlfriend hug his best friend

"You could almost see the jealousy in his eyes as he saw his ex-girlfriend hug his best friend."

3RD PERSON POV

It was the last day of the summer holiday. Y/n was laying down on her bed reading her Hogwarts letter. As she was checking out the new books they had to buy but all of a sudden the door banged open. Hermione came tearing into the room, her cheeks flushed and her hair flying. There was an envelope in her hand making Y/n jump.

"Are you alright?" she asked as she sat up. Hermione rushed over and sat on her bed.

"I'm a prefect!" she exclaimed happily

"No way!" Y/n gasped and Hermione gave her the letter. "Oh merlin...one of my best friends is a prefect!" she squealed pulling her friend into a hug. "We must go to tell Ron and Harry!" Hermione exclaimed taking her arm and dragging her out of the room, not giving her any time to protest. 

"Did you--did you get--?" she asked coming into the room dragging Y/n behind her. The girls spotted the badge in Harry's hand. Hermione let out a shriek while Y/n kept a natural face while on the inside she was rotting with jealousy because she thought he didn't deserve such a role.

"I knew it!" Hermione said excitedly, brandishing her letter. "Me too, Harry, me too!"

"No," said Harry quickly, pushing the badge back into Ron's hand. "It's Ron, not me!"

"It--what?" asked Hermione while Y/n tried her hardest to hold in a laugh.

"Ron's prefect, not me."Harry explained

"Ron?" said Hermione, her jaw dropping. "But ... are you sure? I mean--" She turned red as Ron looked round at her with a defiant expression on his lace.

"It's my name on the letter" he said.

"I...." said Hermione, looking thoroughly bewildered. "I ... well ... wow! Well done, Ron! That's really--"

"Unexpected" said George, nodding.

"No," said Hermione, blushing harder than ever, "no it's not ... Ron's done loads of ... he's really..." Y/n laughed silently at her flustered friend and walked over to her ginger friend and pulled him into a hug. "Congratulations Ronald"

"Thanks, Y/n/n" he smiled as they pulled away. From the corner of her eye, she noticed Harry eyeing them. You could almost see the jealousy in his eyes as he saw his ex-girlfriend hug his best friend. The door behind her opened a little wider and Mrs Weasley backed into the room carrying a pile of freshly laundered robes.

"Ginny said the booklists had come at last," she said, glancing around at all the envelopes as she made her way over to the bed and started sorting the robes into two piles. "If you give them to me I'll take them over to Diagon Alley this afternoon and get your books while you're packing. Ron, I'll have to get you more pyjamas, these are at least six inches too short, I can't believe how fast you're growing ... what colour would you like?"