𝐹𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛|𝑌𝑒𝑎𝑟 4

Failure

"you cant just break up with me for that-"

Third person pov

The third task was getting closer and closer and Hermione and Ron were getting more worried by day for their two friends.

"Don't worry about it," Hermione said shortly when Harry pointed this out to them and said they didn't mind practising on their own for a while, "at least we'll get top marks in Defense Against the Dark Arts. We'd never have found out about all these hexes in class." she continued

"Good training for when we're all Aurors," said Ron excitedly, attempting the Impediment Curse on a wasp that had buzzed into the room and making it stop dead in midair.

"An Auror? Thats what you want to because?"

"Yeah" he said quietly

»»--⍟--««

The mood in the castle as they entered June became excited and tense again. Everyone was looking forward to the third task, which would take place a week before the end of the term. Harry and Y/n were practising hexes at every available moment. Both of them felt more confident about this task than either of the others. Difficult and dangerous though it would undoubtedly be, Moody was right: they had managed to find their way past monstrous creatures and enchanted barriers before now, and this time they had some notice, some chance to prepare themselves for what lay ahead.

Tired of walking in on Harry,Yn Hermione, and Ron all over the school. Professor McGonagall had given them permission to use the empty Transfiguration classroom at lunchtimes.

Harry had soon mastered the Impediment Curse, a spell to slow down and obstruct attackers; the Reductor Curse, which would enable him to blast solid objects out of his way; and the Four-Point Spell, a useful discovery of Hermione's that would make his wand point due north, therefore enabling him to check whether he was going in the right direction within the maze. He was still having trouble with the Shield Charm, though. This was supposed to cast a temporary, invisible wall around himself that deflected minor curses

On the other hand, Y/n mastered the same ones as him except the Reductor Curse, she still needed to practice it.

Hermione managed to shatter it with a well-placed Jelly-Legs Jinx, and Harry wobbled around the room for ten minutes afterwards before she had looked up the counter-jinx.

"You're both still doing really well, though," Hermione said encouragingly, looking down her list and crossing off those spells they had already learned. "Some of these are bound to come in handy."

"Thank you for helping us, the both of you" Y/n smiled at her two friends

"No problem. Also what would your parents say about me if i let you die on your friend year here" Ron joked