Whisper

I walked the roads of the kingdom with Darryl, Nick, and Karl. Smiling faces and polite greetings came our way as we passed by the people enjoying their day.

People from the two kingdoms came together in harmony, and more was to come.

"Hey Zak?"

Nick spoke, worry laced each word that left his mouth. I turned around and saw the nervous look on his face.

"Nick? What did you do?"

I asked. His whole body stiffened as he met my eyes. He looked away and mumbled some incoherent words.

"What?"

I asked again. He breathed in, holding it for a heartbeat before yelling even more incoherent words.

"IMAYORMAYNOTHAVEINVITEDTWODIFFERENTKINGDOMSTOTHEFESTIVAL!"

I stood there dumbfounded. He closed his eyes, before opening one to look at my reaction.

"Zak?"

He called out softly. I snapped back into reality and looked at him weirdly.

"Nick, you gotta learn how to speak properly, because those were not words."

I retorted which he replied with a sigh of defeat.

"I may or may not have invited two different kingdoms to the festival..."

He said sheepishly. My eyes widened as I felt my whole body freeze.

"Which kingdom?"

I asked through gritted teeth when I finally got over the shock. Nick gulped before speaking in a shaky voice.

"King Philip's Kingdom, along with the Kingdom of Hermits...?"

My mouth hung open. When he mentioned the kingdoms he invited without my consent.

King Philip was a kind and noble king, but my he and my father never signed the alliance, so I don't know if they're hostile or not.

And the Kingdom of Hermits is a different story. The people there don't have a king, or a queen. But they do listen to someone. Grian. 

The Hermits are free spirited people, but they all listen and fall under the command of Grian. But, he isn't their king. In other words, the Kingdom of Hermits is a wacky place.

But even so, they are loyal, kind, and very honest. They're kingdom has been in an alliance with my kingdom for years. Generation after generation, the Hermits and my people have gotten along with each other.

But a  meeting between our kingdom is very rare, so we don't normally have contact with each other.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and let out an annoyed sigh.

"I'm sorry Zak."

Nick said. He lowered his head and shuffled his feet.

I smiled at how guilty he looked, and realized he just wanted to see someone from King Philip's kingdom.

"It's fine Nick. The more the merrier right? Besides, I think it's finally time that King Philip and I signed our pact for the alliance of our kingdom."

I reasoned. Nick looked at me, and I saw how his whole body relaxed. I giggled at this, realizing how tensed he gets when I get mad.

We spoke about the upcoming event, and the guest that will be coming to the said event.