Announce

There it is again...

Ever since I woke up, I've been feeling a little nauseous, like something is gonna go wrong.

"Darryl?"

A voice behind me spoke. I turned around and saw Zak looking at me with wide eyes.

"Hey Zak..."

I trailed off. I looked away and decided that, staring at the floor was a great idea. I heard footsteps approach me but I didn't bother to look.

"Hey, you alright?"

Zak's concerned voice echoed in my ears.

No, I feel like something is gonna go wrong...

"I feel a little nervous. I mean, you've only been king for a day and now, I'm gonna be announced as your soon to be king. And being in the castle is so new to me, I feel like I'm gonna fail..."

I lied. I mean, yes, I'm nervous to become king and rule with Zak, but that's the least of my problems.

"Awe, Darryl, look at me."

I saw a small hand reach for my face. It landed on my cheek and guided my face so that I was looking at Zak.

"My mom believes that you would be a great king, and I do to. Your gonna be amazing! Your kind and selfless. The kingdom will love you just as much as I love you!"

Zak smiled brightly and it made me blush. My face heated up and I smiled back.

Just seeing you smile makes my problems disappear...

Zak leaned in and gave me a small peck. He pulled away and rushed to the closet. He rummaged around leaving me a blushing mess.

I sent him a gentle smile. And waited for him to find what he was looking for.

He looked around for a good amount of time before pulling something out. He turned towards me and held it towards me.

I looked at the outfit and gave him a confused look. The outfit he was holding was something I saw his father wore. 

"It's alright Darryl. It's to big for me to wear and I don't like wearing things my father owns. I'm not worthy of it."

He said as he handed me the clothes. I took it from him and gave him quick peck and gave him a small smile.

"Ok ok, go try them on. I wanna see how you look." 

He shoved me towards the spare room. I chuckled and rolled my eyes at him. He pushed me in the room and slammed the door, leaving me alone.

"Now! Try see if the outfit fits you!"

I heard Zak yelled from the other side of the door. i chuckled and rolled my eyes. I tried on the outfit and surprisingly, it was just the right size.

I reached for the handle and opened the door. Zak looked at me from the tip of head, down to my feet. He looked me in the eyes, and blushed.

He covered his face with his hands and let out a muffled yelp. I laughed at his antics but proceeded to wrap my arms around his small figure.

"Do I really look that horrible?"

I teased him. I heard him groan in annoyance and I let out a victorious hum.

Zak turned around and returned the embrace. He looked up at me ang gave me the most beautiful smile I have ever seen.

"You look great Darryl."

He mumbled. I Smiled at him and pecked his forehead. He giggled and wriggled out of my embrace.

"Come on, lets announce your coronation to the kingdom."

He held my arm and dragged me to the front of the palace. I giggled at how hard he was tugging on my arm.

Thank you for choosing me love...

We made it to the front and the queen stood there, waiting for our arrival.

She turned around and her eyes seemed to glow when she saw us. My heart swelled when I saw her approving eyes.

Zak approached her and tackled her in a hug. She let out an airy laugh and returned the favor.

She looked at me and released Zak. She approached me and reached out to cup my cheek.

"Rule the kingdom with pride and love. I believe that you will be a king that everyone will look up to."

She whispered just enough for me to hear. My eyes teared up and my breathing turned shallow.

"Thank you, for believing in me..."

I softly mumbled. She gave me a reassuring smile and retracted her hand. She looked at Zak and nodded, then walked away.

I followed her retreating figure before turning to Zak. Zak smiled and nodded towards the door.

I prepared myself for the better and the worst before following Zak out the castle door.

From where I stood, I could see people flocking the area whispering among themselves.

"Kind people. I, as your king, is here to announce that from now on, someone will now rule beside me."

Zak announced. He turned to look at me before motioning for me to stand beside him.

I revealed myself to the kingdom. Shock gasps and amused awes echoed throught out the crowd.

I looked at Zak and he nodded at me. He looked back to the towns people before speaking once more.

"Everyone, meet Darryl. My soon to be king. I hope you approve of this wedding and accept him like how you accepted me."

Everyone was silent making my anxiety rise even more. After a few seconds of akwardness, the people cheered, congratulating me and Zak.

My mouth dropped and I looked at Zak. He was looking over the celebrating people with a kind smile on his face.

I put a smile of my own before turning my attention back to the people below us.

My heart swelled as I saw the people look at me and cheer louder. I scanned the crowd and my gaze landed on my friends. Their eyes were wide and their mouth hung open.

I chuckled at their reaction as I stared down at the kingdom that I will soon rule along side Zak.

I turned to him and embraced him in a hug. He hugged back as watched the people enjoy themselves down below.

(Ok, I'm sorry for the wait. I finally finished my poem and now I have time to write chapters for this book. Chapter releases will now go back to normal. Hopefully.)