Memories

Soft snores filled the silent area. Smiling, I looked down again to see Zak snuggle closer to me.

My smile got wider as I remember how he snuggled the same way the night we admitted our feeling for each other.

I looked back to the star lit sky. The beautiful full moon hid behind the dark clouds casting a shadow over us.

But the twinkling stars stayed and lit the sky with its diamond like appearance. My eyes shone as I looked at every single star.

Each one was aligned with the other, I imagined an invisible line that connects each individual star, creating images in the sky.

I stared in awe, my mouth hung open in wonder. I felt Zak shift as he started to stir. He slowly blinked open, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

He looked around as his gaze landed on me. He yawned and gave me a weak smile. His eyes were still clouded with sleep, as he kept yawning.

My eyes softened as I reminisced about the time I woke up before Zak, the next morning after we confessed our feelings to each other.

My heart swelled at the thought of the past we shared together. How much we've done together. How much we've been through.

"Zak?"

I called out softly. He replied with a hum followed by a yawn. I giggled before telling him; 

"Let's go back, it's pretty late, and we don't want your mother worrying."

I said. He nodded and tried to stand up, only to fall back down. I laughed at him which he replied with an annoyed groan.

"C'mere."

He reached his arms towards me, and I picked him up bridal style. He snuggled his face in my chest and proceeded to fall asleep.

I walked in silence as we slowly approached the castle. My soft smile faltered as I entered the dimly lit castle.

The guards bowed down as I walked passed them. I greeted them with a curt nod and continued my way to our shared bedroom.

I opened the door the best I could with Zak sleeping in my arms soundly. Once I opened the door, I stepped in and slowly closed it, trying not to make a sound as to not wake Zak up.

I gently placed Zak on the bed before climbing on and snuggling up beside him. He let out a satisfied hum before his body relaxed in my arms.

I smiled and gently placed a peck on his forehead. I closed my eyes as memories flashed before me.

Dreams seeped into my head as I slowly drifted off to sleep. My mind swirled with colors, as moments of the past came into view.

My body relaxed when I saw each and every single moment me and Zak shared. Every laugh, every smile. 

Then, the night we confessed came into view. My heart swelled as I remembered the way he kissed me and left me there dumbfounded.

I laughed at my own reaction. Everything seemed so easy back then. No worries, no responsibilities.

So this is why he ran away in the first place...

All bad thoughts were swapped away when I heard an angelic voice comfort me.

Mother...?

Then, everything went black, but the whispers of my mother lingered. Then, a memory played before me.

It was me. I was so young when this memory was created. I was sitting on my mother's lap, watching the sun set behind the mountains.

"Darryl?"

"Yes mommy?"

"Promise me that you'll remember, that even when I'm gone, I will always be with you..."

"I promise mommy..."

"Even tho you can't see, or hear me, I will be there. Wherever you are, no matter how far, I will always be by your side."

"..."

"Follow your dreams Darryl, listen to your heart, because in there, you will find all the answers you're looking for..."

The sun slowly setted behind the mountains until it went dark. I looked up and saw millions of stars, twinkling in the night sky.

"And remember, when you need my help, just wait until it's dark, then you'll see stars. Just close your eyes, and call out to me. I will be up there, watching over you..."

Tiny me looked up. His eyes widened as his eyes lit up at the sight of the stars. A smiled formed onto his lips as he reached out to trace the sky with his small finger.

The memory slowly faded. Everything faded to black. The voice of my mother echoed until it faded as well.

The next morning, I woke up, Zak was still snuggled up beside me. I smiled, thinking about the dreams I had last night.

How I wish we could just go back in time. There, you won't be pressured to do anything...

I sighed, but then remembered how Zak's mother welcomed me with opened arms. How she approved of our love.

I smiled softly. Thinking about everything that has happened before the attack.

I guess it's not been so bad...

I looked at Zak. He was still sound asleep. Drool was slowly falling from his mouth and onto the pillow, some even got onto my arm. I gagged a bit but laughed at the way he looked.

Ye. It hasn't been that bad...

I felt Zak stir. I looked over at him ], he slowly opened his eyes, squinting when it met the bright sun lit room.

"Morning Zak."

I cooed. He smiled at me and sat up. He rubbed his eyes, then proceeded to stretch his arms. He let out a satisfied groan before turning to me.

"Good morning Darryl. Did you sleep well?"

He asked. I nodded and reached out to place a peck on his lips. I pulled away and saw Zak slightly blushing. I giggled before saying;

"I slept great."

He nodded and crawled towards me. He wrapped his slender arms around me and snuggled his face in my back.

I chuckled at his adorable antics. I turned a bit, and ruffled his hair, which he responded with an annoyed groan.

A knock was heard from the door, so I got up and answered it. There stood a man

"Anyone asked for help?"

(I'm sorry I haven't been posting, I've been feeling shitty. I can officially call myself a depressed little fucker! Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter. The next few chapters will come in, a little slowly for my liking. Just, let me get my bearings, and I'll post daily again.)