Caught

Two weeks have past. I've never been happier in my whole life. Zak and I are together and nothing has made me happier.

"Darryl?"

I turned my head to the person that called me. I smiled and waved at the person approaching.

"Good Morning Zelk!"

I greeted him which he returned with a curt nod. As he walked passed me, I sensed something different from his aura.

Odd...

Zelk was always tense, he was always agitated. But now, he seemed calm, and relaxed.

As I was to call out Zelk's odd behavior, guards came in the bakery. I scanned the rankings for George, but didn't find him.

"Hello!"

I greeted the guards. They turned towards me and nodded, then went back to talking with each other.

One of them approached the counter where Zelk was assigned today.

He looked like we was pleased, which was unusual for him. Then Vurb came in with a quiet 'morning'.

The day passed by and the bakery was much more busier than normal. More costumers came in. Towns people and guards alike.

After the all the people left, I started cleaning the front, Vurb counted the money, and Zelk cleaned the kitchen.

I closed the doors and locked the bakery once we were done cleaning. I turned around and noticed the weird aura coming from Zelk, again.

He was smiling, almost giddy. Altho he also looked annoyed and irritated. It was as if he wanted me to move faster. 

Something inside me clicked, and I snapped my whole attention to Zelk.

"Ok, who is it?"

I asked him. His face made me giggle. He looked like a child caught trying to sneak something away.

His face turned red and he froze in place. He fiddle with the hem of his shirt, which was something I learned over the years of knowing him meant that he was nervous.

Vurb, who was standing next to him, snickered.

"Told you he would guess. I mean, come on Zelk! He can detect the slightest movement!"

Zelk smacked Vurb then turned back to me.

"I, uhm, don't know what your talking about"

Zelk then turned his head to the side, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Come on Zelk, I've known you for years. We grew up together. I know when something is different from you. Now tell me, who is it?"

This morning he seemed happy, a little to happy. He was calm and collected even when Vurb was late. He was patient when Vurb was acting like an idiot. He held a sweet and calm aura the whole day, which was very different from his normal self.

Those signs is what made me realize something. All of them were familiar. Why? I also noticed this when I fell in love with Zak.

Zelk was in love. Now I need to know the person that stole his heart.

"Let it out Zelk. You know you can't hide it from Darryl forever. He's going to find out one way or another. Best say it know before you make an embarrassment of yourself by letting someone else tell him."

Vurb nudged Zelk which only led to him being hit on the head, then kicked in the stomach by a flaming Zelk.

He yelled a few profanities at Vurb, who was now laying on the ground looking like a corpse, before calming down and facing me.