She then switched the topic and attention to you, "So, are you big brother's girlfriend?" You could only laugh at her, it was a ridiculous assumption to make, or at least that's what you initially thought of. You're then reminded of the attraction you're feeling and the longings of the comfort he brings. Still, you pushed the thought at the back of your mind, there was no way you'll ever develop such relationship...for now. You shake your head, "No. But I guess, I do like him?"

You, yourself know, you can't deny the tension between the two of you. You're not dumb to notice how nice it is to be within his presence. You're just scared of how to deal with this feelings. In other words, you're not sure if it will be worth to shoot a shot as you didn't really want to risk your current relationship with him.

Val halted in her careful ministration on your scalp, she hummed a bit before speaking, "But I think big brother likes you too! I can set you two out on a date! Oh, that would be so fun~ Big brother might be a meanie in the outside but he's a huge softie!" You could only chuckle upon letting Val continue on with her rambling as you washed up.

***

After the bath, Val finally left you alone since she had to do a few errands with the other members of the gang.

"I'll see you later, (y/n)!" She waved enthusiastically as you reciprocated her actions. You sighed in relief, being with someone as energetic as her was rather emotionally draining.

With a new set of clothes, you entered the room seeing Ash and Eiji eating on the worn out couch. "(y/n)!" Eiji happily greeted you. He stood up from his seat, pulling you into a tight hug as he tried to mask his sniffles. You pat him on the back, "I'm glad you're safe." Eiji clicked his tongue, "You scared me so much! Please, don't ever put yourself in danger again because of me!" Eiji cried out, tears threatening to stream down his face in which he tried to keep it in. He was very cute, how could you not protect something as precious as him?

"No promises but I'll try." You assured him, though you know it was literally impossible to avoid being in harms way in your current situation. You just didn't have the heart to break him off his false hope.

"Yeah, don't get your hopes up. Little dog here is trouble magnet." Ash then shoved a sushi roll in his mouth. You eyed the food laid out on the table, you were practically drooling at the sight of food. Ash noticed your unwavering gaze, his lips formed a small smile. He could almost see hearts coming out of your eyes, he took a piece of roll and held it out for you.

"Come on, eat before it gets cold." You stepped towards him and took his offering, immediately humming in delight as you relished on the flavors. "You're good with chopsticks. You could live in Japan." Eiji complimented, seeing how Ash wasn't having any troubles in eating with his chopsticks. You on the other hand pouted, you might be skilled with your scalpel and other medical school but this chopsticks is your worst nightmare. "Tsk, this damned sticks. Eiji can't you teach me how to use this?"

"Eh? I supposed I could. I did teach my younger sister before." Eiji tried to aid you with the chopsticks but its either the roll falls off or you break it entirely. Ash can't help but feel content at the moment, seeing the two of you, it made him realize how little he knows about both of you.

He voiced out his concerns, saying how he knows the two of you but at the same time he doesn't. "Before, mg dad made a jack-o-langer for me on Halloween night." Ash proceeded to reminisce on his past memories that lead to him having a grave fear for pumpkins after scaring himself upon seeing his reflection on the mirror if the car where he was wearing a pumpkin garment on his head.

Ash had a serious look upon sharing his story. He played with the can of soda, even the way he speak was so stern which prompted for Eiji and you to burst out into a laughing fit.