Freeing the Forest

DISCLAIMER: Because this is just a fanfiction, Poppy's pregnancy with the twins is in no way meant to be medically accurate.

As they followed Flower and Cooper to the cave, the group of diverse Trolls was still grieving over the loss of Willow.

“I can't believe she's gone," Biggie said sadly.

Everyone else shared a look with one another and lowered their heads. “The music in me has faded..."

“For my friend stopped singing today," Ash finished tearfully. Barb briefly glanced at her and felt terrible about holding her back in the first place.

Soon enough, they made it. Prince D stepped in and took a look around.

“Guys... she's not in here," he informed them.

“That's impossible," Flower said in confusion. “She has to be in here!"

Prince D was right. In fact, Poppy wasn't anywhere near the cave. She ran as fast as her swollen feet would let her all the way back to the river where the Earth Giants slept. The only problem was they roamed at night, and Poppy didn't have that kind of patience.

“Wake up!" she yelled. When that didn't work, Poppy tried again, this time at the top of her lungs. “WAKE UP!"

This caused one of them to stir, the ground shook beneath Poppy's feet as the Earth Giant got up and fell on another, waking him. A third got up and all stared at the Queen of Pop.

“That's it. Come and get me!" Poppy shouted, running away. “Over here!"

Angry at the Troll who woke him from his slumber, the first Earth Giant roared at her so loud, it knocked her down. Though she was a bit sore, Poppy got back up and kept running. One of the enraged Earth Giants threw a massive boulder at her, which barely missed her head. It was big enough to destroy the walls of Barb's Fortress.

“That'll work," Poppy said to herself and continued leading them to the dam. “This way, guys!"

“Mommy!" Flower shouted. “Where's my mommy?!"

“It's okay, hun," Ash tried to reassure her. “We'll find your mom."

“Uh, guys?" Tiny Diamond said, looking up. “We got bigger problems. I mean, way bigger!"

Unsure what he meant, the other Trolls looked up and noticed the three towering Earth Giants storming past them.

Elsewhere, Dandelion's group noticed them, too, along with Poppy leading the march. Curious as to where she was leading them, he turned his head to the direction she was running.

“No, no, no, no! She's leading them to the dam!" he warned his group, and they headed for the dam. Not understanding the situation, all they knew was that they had to stop her.

Unfortunately, the Earth Giants were too big and too fast for Poppy. She tripped, fell down, and one of them was about to crush her with his foot. Poppy closed her eyes and braced for impact. When she opened them, however, she was high up in the air! The friendly face of a dragonfly smiled at her as it held her with its clawed feet.

“Grab on!" said a familiar voice as Poppy noticed a hand reach down to her.

“Branch!" Poppy exclaimed with glee as he pulled her up. “Are you mad?"