Dusk To Dawn

Above is a drawing of what I originally imagined Rhegan to look like. Just pretend she sounds like Taylor Swift. Enjoy!

That night, the Trolls and Northrens settled down together. Flower, Tiny Diamond, Dusty and Manta Rave explained life outside of the mist to their native peers.

“So, what's the sun like?" a boy asked.

“Oh, you're gonna love it!" Manta said. “It shines like a glow stick and it's so warm, it feels like a hundred thousand group hugs."

“But it won't suffocate you," Dusty added.

“Wait till you see the night sky," Tiny Diamond said. “It's mostly black and full of stars that shine like diamonds. Like me and my daddy!"

“How do we know all that stuff is for real?" a girl said in doubt. “Is that lady with the rainbow on her head really gonna free Northros?"

“Of course, she is," Flower assured her. “Willow's the greatest Troll who ever lived. Well, next to my mommy, of course."

“Kids," Biggie said suddenly. “Your parents and the others said you should all get some sleep."

“Aw, man!" Tiny Diamond groaned.

“Do we have to?" Manta whined.

While the kids were settling down, Branch was talking to Errick about his desire to propose.

“I just want it to perfect," he explained, “but I can't find a moment that can top... basically everything else we've done together."

“Why don't you set up a romantic scene?" Errick suggested. “I, personally, know nothing about women, but I do know we have a very romantic way of proposing. If we round up the dragonflies now, we'll be ready by dawn."

“What do the dragonflies do?" Branch asked.

“I'll explain it along the way."

“Hey, back at home," Dandelion said to Poppy, “do you know a Troll named Elle Cloverton?"

“Yeah, she teaches Advanced Partynomics," Poppy answered.

“Is she married?" he asked. Poppy shook her head. “Oh. Why didn't that make me feel better?"

“What else do you miss?"

“My father," Dandelion replied. “He passed long before all of this. He was a great Troll. Built us a good life, but taught me to never take the good for granted. He'd say, ‘Be prepared. Just when you think you found your way, life will throw you onto a new path.'"

“What do you do when it does?" Poppy asked.

“Don't give up," he answered. “Take it one step at a time and..."

“Just do the next right thing?" Poppy finished, remembering what Queen Essence told her.

“Yeah. You got it."

Barb, meanwhile, was feeling uneasy about Fuchsia being so close to Ash.

“So these Hard Rock Trolls... Have they been good to you?"