CHAPTER 35: I'M BUSY

Start from the beginning

Katherine greeted me on my way out of the building, which was so fake because it clearly kills her a little every time she has to acknowledge me... still a bitch.

I arrived at the bakery in no time then placed a lunch order and also Luca's beignets. For lunch I got, spicy penne arrabbiata tomato pasta with parmesan cheese. It looked and smelled insanely heavenly.

I sat by the window seating as I ate my food then decided to give my parents a call, which lasted for about 10 mins

I sat by the window seating as I ate my food then decided to give my parents a call, which lasted for about 10 mins. In all honesty, I miss my mum, my parents... I need to see them.

After I was done talking to my parents I video called Liz to check up on her. She picked up on the first ring and was still at home dressed in her PJs. She looked extremely happy and was dancing around her room.

 She looked extremely happy and was dancing around her room

"Jeez woman, what's got your bunny hopping?" I laughed.

"Life Arsia, life!" Liz whimsically sang through the phone.

"I see that... but aren't you supposed to be at work?" I tilted my head at her.

*Fake cough* "Sick day," She grinned.

"Elizabeth," I playfully scolded.

"What mum? I just needed a break," She teased.

"Let me guess, break from all the toxic masculinity?" I smirked.

"Exactly! And you already know that there's too much of that where I work. so I decided to have a lazy day instead... but as for my happy mood, I don't even know where that shit came from honestly, I just love it," Liz giggled and took a sip of wine.

"Well, I'm glad you are happy. Wish I could also take a lazy day but things have been so hectic around here, more workload," I sighed.

"And lots of office sex clearly... you're glowing," Liz teased which made us both laugh.

"Elizabeth Peterson get your mind out of the fucking gutter! And is that all you think me and Luca do, Jeez," I gasped playfully.

"Well, Matteo said you both are like newlywed rabbits," She laughed.