CHAPTER 16: FALLING FOR MY BOSS

Song for this Chapter: Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley

ARSIA'S POV

I woke up today feeling nervous and excited. I was excited about the fact that I was meeting Liz today, as she will be joining Luca's sister and me to help with my outfit for the ball. But I am nervous about the fact that I am meeting Luca's sister for the first time ever and also nervous about accompanying Luca to the ball tomorrow. It seems more high-end than I am used to.

I have been replaying the events of yesterday in my head, all the compliments and glances Luca has been giving me. For the past week, he has seemed to make me blush more times than I feel like I have in my lifetime. 

He always seems to say the right things, I don't know if he is just being friendly or not. But I hope not, cause I can't seem to get him out of my mind these days, it's so messed up that he is my boss and way out of my league. But he seems to give me a lot of attention I don't know why... maybe he is just being nice.

I keep thinking if someone like him would ever be with someone like me. I am not belittling myself or anything, he is just way too out of my league. I see the beautiful women that throw themselves at him every time, although he seems to not care at all or even give them his time. 

Luca is so hard to read, he is mysterious in a way that makes me very curious yet cautious. I don't know if I should have hope or not seeing as out of all those women out there, he decided to choose me to go for the biggest ball of the year with him.

After I got home yesterday, his sister Ares reached out to me letting me know the details for today and when she is coming to get me in order to get my outfit ready. I asked her if Liz could come and she was absolutely fine with that, she said "the more the merrier", I feel like Ares and I would get along well- Hopefully.

I managed to push my thoughts away and made my way to my bathroom. I took a quick shower, did my hair in a ponytail, and put on a little makeup. I needed to get dressed quickly because Liz was showing up any minute from now. 

For my outfit of the day I decided to go with something more casual, I went with a mauve off-the-shoulder corset top and light blue high-waist jeans. I paired my outfit with a light mauve bag, two-layered necklaces, and white heels. I also picked up a white jacket just in case it gets too cold.

I was done dressing up in no time and was about to message Liz when I heard a knock on my apartment door

I was done dressing up in no time and was about to message Liz when I heard a knock on my apartment door. I knew it was Liz, I made my way to the door and let her in. She looked so beautiful and excited, I was beyond happy to see her, haven't seen her in like a week, we have just been catching up over the phone only.