CHAPTER 2: MY EMPIRE

Song for this Chapter: "IT'S A MAN'S MAN'S WORLD" by Jame Brown

Luca's POV

"Mio Dio (My God), Dad I understand, I have been running this business with you forever now, I know how it works", I irritatedly said to my dad.

He was being so paranoid about our business situation, seeing as I inherited Mariano Empire from him last week Monday. My dad and I have been working together since I can remember, we worked on our family business, built a billionaire empire from scratch, and have been partners since then. But now it was time for my dad to retire, and I become CEO of Mariano Empire.

"Lucas I trust you, and I know that you know how business works, without you we wouldn't have come this far. You are good at what you do", My dad said while trying to calm me down, seeing as I was already starting to get irritated by his work questions.

"All I want you to remember is that this is no longer our kingdom, it is your Empire now, you guard it, you're its bringer of light, Lucas. Remember what our Family name means, let that be your motto, Never go down without a fight!", My dad said as he patted me on the shoulder.

I nodded my head in understanding, reflecting on what my dad said. My family has always been a tough family, my mum likes to call us fighters. Our family name reflects on us alot, seeing as 'Mariano' meant 'descendants of the Roman God of War'. We are Italians and take culture, business, and family very seriously.

To be very honest, those are the only things that I care about, anything else can burn to ashes for all I care, I am not the nicest of people (and I'm okay with that), but that's because that's how business works if you want to succeed. People take advantage of you when you're too friendly, and plus, so much is expected from me, that adds up to why I am the way I AM.

I thanked my dad and said my goodbyes to my family then headed to my office. I know it's a Saturday, but I have to go pick up some files for a business deal I have later today at the mall.

I pushed the ignition to my McLaren 720s, and sped into town, the city was very much awake seeing as it was 12pm on a Saturday in New York City. I picked up my phone and dialled Samuel, one of my executives, it rang and he picked up on command.

"Samuel... I am only going to say this once so listen the fùck up," I sneered into the phone as I drove to my office.

"O-ok Sir." I heard him gulp which caused me to roll my eyes.

"You have been the cause of a lot of damages lately. You are responsible for my stocks acting up, You are responsible for not bringing me a lot of documents when I have asked you to bring them in over the past few weeks. I am on my way to the office now, have the Town Square business documents ready on my desk before I get there. And so help me God if my business gets any more faults due to your carelessness, I will fùcking end you, do I make myself clear?" I sneered into the phone.

I ended the call before he could answer. I have given too many second chances, I thought to myself. There is no room for error when it comes to my business, I only hire the best of the best, I don't tolerate bullshiit, if you fuck me over I'll make sure that you never work in this country again. The only reason I have put up with him this long is because he has been working for the company for a while now, since my dad... but still, that excuse stops working the next time he fùcks up.

After about 30 mins I pulled up to the Valet in front of my office and headed inside. As soon as I walked in I was greeted by my receptionist Katherine, I nodded my head and got into the elevator ignoring her extra unnecessary antics. Katherine is a very beautiful and sexy young woman, but I have never paid much attention to her. Business only, seeing as I don't have time for partying, girls, flings, or even friends, and plus it would not be very professional of me.