→CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Start from the beginning

"We couldn't thank you and your family enough, Riku." Maehara sent her one of his charming smiles, this one seeming more genuine than the others.

Riku only dismissed his thanks with a wave of her hand. "This damn island just had to be six hours away from Tokyo, huh?" She tsk-ed under her breathe, she felt the summer wind enveloping her tiny body, tickling her skin under the white loose shirt and denim shorts she chose to wear.

Maehara just laughed at Riku's exhausted expression. Already used to her I-am-so-done-with-everything face as he turned to look outward onto the sea, his eyes lighting up along with his classmates at the sight of the island that drew closer and closer.

"We've reached the place where we'll kill Koro-sensei."

"It's the island!"

Riku sighed happily into the sheets of her bed, all the tension leaving her body as she entered her hotel room her parents reserved especially for them. All the tension that was once there slowly disappeared as she dug her head further into the pillow.

"Are you alright there, Riku?" Kayano's voice was soft compared to her usually cheerful one. The greenette sat on her own bed that was beside Riku's, both queen-sized beds -- with just newly changed sheets -- were separated by a bedside table that had a gorgeous lamp.

The gamer only hummed, her eyes remained close as she welcomed the sleep that was slowly wrapping her in a cold (but much appreciated) blanket.

"WAKE UP, PRINCESS!"

Kayano jumped in surprise when Karma Akabane kicked the door to their private hotel room open, he surprised her even more when he just walked in like it was totally normal to do what he just did.

And he seems like he wasn't alone.

Joining him were Sugino, Nagisa, and Kanzaki, who all just awkwardly waddled in, looking at each other anxiously as they followed Karma who just confidently laid himself on Riku's bed.

Seeing as the whole gang was here, Kayano made a noise of understanding, knowing that it may be a sign that they now have to go down to explore the resort and make rounds around the beach.

The green-haired girl stood up from her bed and started to get ready.

Riku, however, remained still in her bed.

"Okay sleeping beauty, we got to go," Karma told the resting girl. When Riku made no sign of moving any time soon, Karma rolled his eyes in exasperation. "I know you're awake. I know you're tired, but we need you."

Slowly, but surely, Riku lifted her head off her pillow, her eyes narrowed on her red-head friend, wanting to claw the smug smirk painted on his lips.

Not wanting to deal with Karma's annoying ass more than she should, Riku followed his instructions and rose up and escaped the tempting comforts from her bed.

Humming a melody under her breath, her breath whispering a soft tune from the Little Nightmares game as she joined Kayano in the bathroom. (No, they are not taking a bath together, the author thought they'd like to make that clear.)