Beidou | Home With You

"Yo, shortie!" a familiar voice calls out. You know the voice all too well despite not having heard it in a few months.

Her voice, her as a person overall, is very memorable to you.

The dark brown-haired female rushes over to you in stride steps, a hand raised in greeting. She has her usual grin, a specific feature that you cherish dearly, and as always, she's loud, immediately gaining attention onto her.

"Ah... as much as I love the sea, nothing beats seeing you," Beidou admits, laughing heartily. She plops into the seat across from you and as usual, orders her favorite drink and meal.

"How has your journey been out there? Did you and your crew find anything new lately?" you ask, gulping down your favorite drink.

"It's always good every time we set out into the sea," she answers, leaning back into the seat with her feet propped up onto the arm rests of your seat, "in terms of new things... nothing, but the trips are still worth the time and effort."

The thoughts of being out in the sea for long periods of time is unbearable to you. You adore the place you call home—Liyue—and can't imagine being separated from it for such a long time. How does Beidou do it? She is so used to the salty air, the gently rocking ship, and the roaring laughter and chattering from her crew-mates.

The sea is her home, while the land of Liyue is yours.

"Hey, Beidou..." you murmur, gaze focused past her and onto the docks. She hums in response.

Even though you believe you already know the answer to this question, you still ask the female anyhow, curious with her reply. "What's... home to you?"

Beidou places her chopsticks down gently on the plate and shifts her attention to you. "Shouldn't you already know the answer to that question?" She laughs, causing you to look at her.

Her expression softens—her ruby eyes closing for a minute before opening again. "It's not the sea, if that's what you're thinking."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Sure, I love the sea and adventuring, but..." she trails off and gazes at you intently. You flicker your gaze down to the soup in front of you, feeling flustered by the serious expression present on her face.

"Anywhere is home to me as long as you're with me."

-♡-

Here's the first female one-shot of one of my favorite female Genshin characters! I adore Beidou; she would be the best older sister ever!!