Diluc | Dandelion Wine

The sweetness of Dandelion Wine soothes your throat promptly. It's no wonder this alcoholic drink is Mondstadt's speciality, and it also happens to be your ex-boyfriend's favorite drink.

The sudden thoughts of the midnight blue-haired male causes your grip on the wooden cup to tighten. It has been about five hours since you last spoke to him; well, to be more exact, screamed at him. You couldn't control your anger any longer due to the obvious lies he constantly kept on making.

"Stupid..." you mumble, blinking the tears away.

"That stupid Tone-Deaf Bard doesn't deserve someone awesome like you, anyways! Paimon knows you can find someone waaay better!"

"Yeah..."

"(Y/N)..." Paimon frowns, flying over to the wooden cup that's resting beside your hand. "You should stop drinking; you've had a lot already. Let's talk when we get home, okay?"

You hum and smile at your floating friend. Patting her head gently, you swat your hand, indicating for her to leave as you'll be fine on your own. She hesitates, her worried face meeting your tired one.

"I'll be okay. Let me just rest here for a while," you reassure as she nods, disappearing.

Soft footsteps from behind you catches your attention. Turning around, you meet a familiar face, but your drunken state can't seem to recall who it is.

"We're closing right now. Please leave," the red-haired male says.

The usual blank expression upon his face remains unwavering as he flickers his red eyes to the table, which has numerous empty cups piling on top of each other.

"Right, sorry about that." You rise to your unsteady feet, and teetering slightly, you attempt to make your way down the stairs.

Your face plants into the male's chest as his hands steadies you by the shoulder.

"It's clear you've had too much to drink. Allow me to assist you down," he offers.

"Thank you... um... Diluck. I don't know... you look like a Diluck."

Said male regards your comment with slightly raised brows, but chooses to leave it at that. After all, he hears inane comments like yours rather often among the drunk citizens of Mondstadt. Right now, you're no doubt drunk and exhausted.

Since the time you walked into the tavern, he noted the amount of Dandelion Wine you ordered, along with the way you chose to settle in a secluded, upstairs area by yourself. It's natural for people to drink a lot and be alone, but what makes your situation odd to him is the absence of the singing bard.

Whenever you came here, you were always accompanied by him (sometimes Kaeya would tag along) and never drank any sort of alcoholic drink. Instead, you settled with a simple snack paired with a non-alcoholic drink.

To see you, alone, drinking an immense amount of alcohol is new.

Diluc isn't one to pry into other people's lives. Then again, quite frankly, he doesn't particularly care about such trivial matters. It isn't his business anyhow, nor is it polite to stick his nose where it doesn't belong.

But to say he isn't a little curious would be a lie.

He pushes you down into a seat, making sure you're resting against the wall. Shortly after, he sends Charles to find Kaeya, a close friend of yours.

"Your friend will take you home. In the meantime, please wait for a while," he explains.

You watch him clean the tables, wiping them down until they're pristine, and store dishes away into cabinets. Perhaps it's your drunk self talking, but watching him do something as simple as cleaning is mesmerizing.

"Hey... what's... what's your name...?" you ask out of the blue.

He halts what he's doing, and without facing you, he simply says, "Diluck."

-♡-

I think the ending is a liiitle ooc... but I can see Diluc as that guy who's a jokester without intending to be one. There's likely some mistakes and other minor details I need to add in, but I'll review this later when my mind isn't so fried.

Any Diluc mains here? I adore him a lot. And if you aren't a Diluc main, who do you main?