banishment

I slowly lowered my self to the floor again.

"Are you okay?" Gally crouched next to me and rubbed my back but I shoved him away.

"I'm still mad. Just because you comforted me doesn't me I'm not mad anymore." I stood up and so did he.

"I know. Do- do you still love me?" He grew quiet.

"Wh- yes, of course. Arguments happen. I'm off to go to talk to Alby. Can we chat later?"

"Erm- yeah sure.." Gally replied shyly as I ran off.

Thomas, Alby and Chuck were sat in a hut when I reached them. They all looked miserable.

"What happened to him?" Thomas asked.

"It's called the changing." I answered before sitting between him and Chuck. "It's what happens when you get stung."

"Listen. We haven't been able to get at least one word out of Ben since it happened. You know, he's not making any sense. And it's only going to get worse." Alby sighed, "the infection is spreading. He's dangerous. What did he say to you both?"

"Um- he said he saw us and that this is all our fault. How could this be our fault?" Thomas motioned at me and him.

"All right. Get some rest." Alby patted his back and began to walk away.

"What Alby- What's going to happen to him?"

"He's going to get banished." He said bluntly and walked off.

"What? No! You can't- Shuck." I stood up and ran after him leaving a very confused Thomas behind.

"What now, y/n?" Alby groaned.

"You c-cant banish him. You didn't banish me. It's too soon." I spoke fast.

"I'm sorry y/n we have to. It's going to happen tomorrow."

"What about the- erm.. the blue liquid! What if the creators send some up for him?"

"We'll wait until tomorrow now go get some sleep."

"N-no.. ugh." I rolled my eyes and walked back to my room where Gally was waiting for me.

"I don't want to talk right now." I held a hand up to his face.

"Can I at least sleep here?"

"I- Sure whatever."

"What's wrong?" He asked as we got into bed.

"Alby's banishing Ben."

"Good."

"What do you mean good?!"

"He's dangerous. I know you and him were close but he's been stung y/n. He could hurt any of us. He hurt you!"

"Did you think that when I was stung? No, you didn't. You left me strapped to a bed for days until that blue liquid came up and I was healed. Why can't we do that with Ben?"

"Because what if they don't send any more up? Then he just gets angrier and more dangerous by the day."

"I just don't want to loose him." I rested my head on Gally's chest.

"I know, I know. But sometimes you gotta make sacrifices."

He began to stroke my hair and minutes later I was asleep.

-

"Y/n stay here. Chuck, please keep her here." Gally instructed the little boy.

"Yes sir" he saluted.