greenie

Then we heard the noise of the box. I wiped the sweat off my forehead before following everyone else over to the hole.

Gally and Newt opened the door. Inside, like always, was a boy. He had jet black hair and was wearing a blue shirt with light brown trousers. He looked at us like we were crazy. Gally jumped in and helped him up.

"Day one, greenie. Rise and shine."

The boy didn't say anything. He just circled around looking at the vine covered walls. Then he saw the gap and ran for it.

"WE GOTTA RUNNER!" The others shouted.

I sighed before running after the boy. He was fast, but I was faster. I was at his heels in no time. I went to grab him but he fell over before I could and landed on the floor with a grunt. I grabbed his arms behind his back and whispered in his ear.

"Don't do that again, okay?"

"Yes." He struggled.

I let him go and he stood up and started to spin in circles again. The boys started clapping and cheering but I could tell he zoned them out.

"Come with me, greenie." Gally grabbed his arm and threw him in the slammer roughly before walking off.

I knelt down to look at him while Alby walked over.

"Hey." He said patting my back. I nodded in response. The greenie scurried away until his back hit the stone wall.

"Hey there, Green Bean. You're not gonna run again, okay?"

The boy nodded.

"Good." I chuckled and Alby opened it so he could get out but he stayed in.

"My name is Alby. This is y/n." He pointed at me. "Can you tell me anything about yourself? Who you are, where you came from?"

"Anything at all?" I tilted my head.

"N-no.." he said extremely stressed.

"Can you tell me your name?" Alby asked.

"No." He began to shake. "I- uh- I can't remember anything. Why cant I remember anything?"

"It's okay." I smiled reassuringly but he started to pant, "Hey, relax. Relax. It's normal." The greenie looks up at me, "It happens to us all."

"You'll get your name back in a day or two." Alby added. "It's the one thing they let us keep."

There was a few seconds of silence until the greenie spoke up with a shaky voice.

"What is this place?"

I stood up so Alby could help him out.

"Let me show you."

"Hey, Alby. I'm going to go see Chuck and Newt." I ran off not letting him reply.

"Hey, y/n! I made this for you!" Chuck exclaimed as I ran into the homestead and he handed me a knife.

It was beautiful. On the handle flowers were carved into it. It wasn't very big but I could keep it hidden in my pocket.