chuck

So I'd been at the glade for about two years. Everyone agreed not to tell anyone about the things that happened a few months ago, and I loved them for respecting me enough to keep at least one secret.

"WAKEY WAKEY LOVE BIRDS!" Fry hit two pans together while making his way into my room.

"Slinthead." I mumbled and I felt Gally chuckle into my back.

"GUYS? HELLO! GET UP! Y/n, you need to help me with cooking. New greenie today!" Fry grabbed my arm and pulled me out the bed causing me to hit the hard wooden floor with a thud.

"Do you mind?" I stood up and gave him a look.

"No, I don't. Now come help." He left, making a beat with the frying pans.

"I swear I will murder that shank one day." I rolled my eyes and jumped into my everyday clothes.

The same ones, like always. Not like I cared. To switch it up I sometimes pulled on Gally's top while he worked without it.

Gally had fallen back asleep and I had to wake up him.

"Gall. Gally." I prodded his face until his eyes opened. "Woah, you are alive."

He just groaned in response.

"Get up. I'm off to help Fry. Talk to you later, love you." I planted a kiss on his forehead before leaving.

"Y'know Frypan I swear you will be the death of me." I grabbed the pans and plates and continued to help him get all the food for the day done.

"You know you love me." He nudged me gently.

"Sadly.." I joked.

"Hello. What are you shanks doing?" Newt leaned on the table I was using to cut the veg.

"Fry likes to get all the chopping and stuff done before the day starts."

"Everyday?"

"No, only on the day that the Greenie comes up." I shrugged.

"Let's hope that the greenie that comes today is quick enough to be a runner."

"Why?"

"We need more. You, Alby, Minho and Ben can't do it all the time."

"We can, because we have been for more than a year now. It's not difficult. We all know the maze off by heart, me and Minho know it better than the others." I explained while chopping a pepper.

"True. How's your fighting going?" Newt asked.

I forgot to mention, I had been training myself to fight. Self defence. I needed it, considering what happened. I'd been using trees as people. Throwing knives and punches were the things I was best at, occasionally Ben would help.

"Good. Really good."

"I can tell."

"What? How?"

"You're getting abs." He laughed.

"I already had those.." I scratched my neck.

I didn't.

"Sure you did. I better get going now. Thanks for th-" he went to grab a piece of the pepper but I stopped him by stabbing the knife into the table between his fingers.

His eyes widened before he slowly removed his hand, being cautious of the blade. I was about to make a remark when we all heard the rumbling noise of the box.

"Let's hope he's a runner." Frypan patted my back as he ran towards the hole in the ground like everyone else.

I just walked, taking my time. It was just going to be another cocky boy.