Chapter 19

✧༺Aurora༻✧

We all raced back to the hideout as if we're being chased by something fierce. Koda was leading us with a look of worry and determination on his face. I knew how much that place meant to him and the thought of anything bad happening to it made my heart clench.

"Everything is going to be okay Koda." I try to assure him but he only shook his head.

"I don't think so Aurora."

All of our eyes widen at the the tone of hos voice. Usually he was the one who's so calm and collected but now he looks truly afraid which wasn't like him.

What felt like decades we finally arrive back at the hideout, only to see that it was not the same as we left. Broken pieces of glass and wood scattered the outside, the greenhouse garden flowers that were once so full of color were now welted and lifeless.

"Oh my god." Koda runs inside.

The paintings that were on the wall are now broken into pieces on the floor and scattered throughout the hallway. Slowly, Koda bent down the run his hand over the shattered frame.

"I-I shouldn't have left." His voice quiet and just above a whisper.

"Ko," Kiara bends down and places a hand on his shoulder, "You couldn't have known this would happen, none of us did."

"Yes I could have, they knew we were leaving and that there would be nobody to stop them from getting inside. Harou picked the right time to strike, when we're vulnerable."

"We'll find them Koda and I swear to God that they'll pay dearly." Hunter growls.

"That is very honorable of you Hunter but you need to heal for now, Kiara please take him to the med bay while I collect my thoughts." Kiara nods her head and helps lead a injured Hunter down the hall.

"Do you need help cleaning up?" I ask Koda.

He shakes his head, "It would be much appreciated warrior Aurora if I had some space." I give him a small smile.

"Of course, let's go train guys."

The others follow me into the trading pit, where we lounge around the bench. All of the boys sigh and put their head in their hands, in complete frustration.

"He didn't deserve this." Chase whispers.

"Yeah, I know how much this place means to him and to see it destroyed just breaks your heart." Rocky adds.

"How long has Koda been living here?" My head turns to Kiara.

"I'd say almost his entire childhood. After his parents passed all Koda did was train to be the next protector."

"Wow, so that's why this attack hit him hard, this place is his home." Zach says.

"He'll be okay, Koda is one of the toughest guys I have ever met." Rocky grins.

"Shit." Hunter groans.

"What's wrong?" Kiara asked in concern.

"Those fuckers clawed my side and it hurts like a bitch."

Kiara frowned and placed a kiss on the cheek.

"I always knew you guys would end up together." Chase gives them a smug look.

"How did you find out?"

"I actually knew for awhile now and you if you want to keep something secret at least try to hide the evidence." He points to Kiara's mark on her neck.