Chapter 9

✧༺Aurora༻✧

So it turns out that I have been here for weeks and still don't have my own clothes, I've been borrowing from Roxy who has a totally different style that I'm not comfortable with but she didn't have to share therefore I couldn't be rude.

Now here I am looking through her closest trying for find something decent to wear.

"You've been here for almost a month and my brother still doesn't have the decency to buy you a outfit?" Roxy strolls in the room and quickly take a sundress of a hanger and hands it to me.

"T-Thanks."

"Where is Jaxon anyways?" I shrug.

"I think he has some Alpha things today and Zach is with him." Roxy nods.

"That figures, he has a lot of responsibilities and you will too."

"What do you mean?" I give her a confused look.

"Since you're going to be the Luna you'll have to attend meetings with Jaxon and help the pack out with things but don't worry it's not as bad as it seems." She gives me a reassuring smile.

I let out a sigh of relief.

"Also we'll need to get ready for the welcoming ceremony before doing anything else."

"When is that?"

"Not sure, I figured Jaxon would have told you about it."

"He hasn't said anything." I say.

"Oh, maybe because you're still new to the whole talking and not being used to people thing so he's probably postponing it."

I didn't know about any of this stuff, especially a ceremony like, what is that? Surely Jaxon meant to tell me when it was the right time but knowing him he didn't want to make me any nervous then I would already be which I understand although this lack of communication was starting to become a problem.

"Hey," I look at Roxy, "I'm sure he'll explain everything soon so don't worry too much about it, okay?" I smile.

"O-Okay."

"Anyways I'm going to hang out with a few friends so do you want to come?" I shake my head.

"No thanks, I'll just wait for Jaxon to come back."

"Alright! See ya later." She walks out the room.

Sighing I change into the dress that was a little too short for my liking but it will have to do. I decided to go into Jaxon's office since that is where he usually would go when he has had a long day of work. When I arrived inside my eyes landed on a few files that sat on top of Jaxon's desk. My curiosity got the best of me as I found myself starting to read the print of the cover.

File #268: Sun Cove Pack

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion when I saw the name of the pack that sounded so familiar but I couldn't exactly remember why. Whatever Jaxon was working on seemed to be a long process since he didn't even have time to put none of the files back in the drawers. As soon as I was about to open the file a deep voice spoke from behind me.

"What are you doing Aurora?" Gasping in surprise I turn around to see Jaxon with a angry expression on his face.

"I-I was just going to wait for you in here but then I saw-

"Nothing that has to do with you." He walked over to me and took the file off the desk and stuffed it in a drawer.

I frown at the sudden cold shoulder he was giving me.