Chapter 17

✧༺Aurora༻✧

After yesterday's events Jaxon didn't want to let me out of his sight just in case something happened. So that meant I had to go everywhere he went except the bathroom, although he did make me stand outside the door and wait for him. I knew that he was just looking out for me, really I did but all this smothering was starting to become a bit to much. Right now we were all having breakfast at the table.

"What's on the agenda today?" Zach asks.

"I actually have to explain a few things about the war we will be facing soon." I set my food aside and furrow my eyebrows.

"What about it?"

"This is not going to be a one time thing, after effects will follow. Many people will come to try and take you down not matter what the cost. They will show no mercy Aurora, not for you or your loved ones." His eyes drift to Jaxon and Zach.

"I still don't understand what caused all this." Chase groans.

"Rogues have been at war with us for centuries. Their nature is evil and carefree which makes them most dangerous, especially the Alpha."

"Who the Alpha?"

"He goes by the name Harou."

My eyes turn to Jaxon who placed a hand on my knee for comfort. Whoever this guy was sounded really dangerous and I didn't know if I could stand a chance against someone like that, hell I can't even control my powers let alone fight someone with them.

"Hey," Jaxon urges my chin up so I could meet his eyes, "I know what you're thinking and it's not true. You can do this, I believe in you." I shake my head.

"Why? My power comes from rage or sadnesss, I wont stand a chance if I'm not feeling any of that."

"I know that you're feeling all this responsibility on your shoulders but you must learn to rely on instincts. In a life or death situation they will come in handy to help make the right decision," Koda tells me, "We will all be here to fight with you so you're not in this alone."

"The guru is right sunshine." Hunter chuckles making Koda roll his eyes.

"Do you always have to be a dick?" Kiara asked annoyed.

"You love it darling." He winks.

"Can you tell me more about the war Koda?" I change the subject.

"Harou gathers his best fighters to enter the tournament and let me tell you that they don't play fair. They'll do whatever it takes to please their Alpha. That is why we must keep training in order for you to reach your true potential."

"Her true potential?" Jaxon questions.

"Aurora's powers are beyond anything that I haven't seen in decades, she can honestly take out a entire territory if she wanted to. Hopefully we can use her as a secret weapon," His eyes flicker to Jax, "If that is okay with you Alpha."

All of our heads snap to Jaxon who let out a deep sigh. I could tell that he was contemplating on what to do.
After a few minutes of silence he finally speaks.

"I mean if this will help us win this war then I'm all for it but if Aurora gets hurt in any way then I'm shutting it down, understand?" Koda nods.

"Of course. Safety is our number one priority in this case. For the time being I want to see your wolf in action Aurora. Mileena is her name, correct?" Zach snickers.

"Yeah and she's a real bitch too." I growl.

"Watch it." My eyes flicker to gold.

"Sorry."