[ 29 ] pieces of a puzzle that won't seem to fit

Start from the beginning

"No, I-""Hey! What happened to her?"

"This isn't his fault, sheriff." Aspen spoke up, her voice was still evidently shaky and hoarse.

"She's your girlfriend!" Sheriff continued to snap at Jackson. "That's your responsibility!"

"No, she's not, okay?" Jackson replied. "She didn't go to the formal with me."

"Then who'd she go with?"

"Do you really wanna know?" Jackson pressed. "She went with Stiles."

"What?" Sheriff Stilinski couldn't believe what he was hearing.

Aspen stayed quiet again, feeling her whole body fill up with exhaustion.

"Stiles took her." Jackson clarified.

Sherriff Stilinski turned around to face multiple doctors and members of the sherif department."Somebody better find my son."

Then, the exhaustion caught up with the brunette. Aspen felt her head go light and her vision blur, and before she knew it, she had fallen unconscious on the hospital floor.

...

"I like you, Stiles." Peter said sinisterly after Stiles had reluctantly helped him track down Derek.

"Since you've helped me, I'm going to give you something in return."

Stiles's eyes narrowed.

"Do you want the bite?"

"What?"

"Do. You. Want. The. Bite?" he said slowly. "If it doesn't kill you-and it could, you'll become like us."

"Like you?" Stiles said, disgusted.

"Yes, a Werewolf. Would you like me to draw you a picture?" Peter said sarcastically. "That first night in the woods, I took Scott because I needed a new pack. It could've easily been you. It could've easily been Aspen, too, but that's a more interesting story."

Stiles wondered what the hell he meant by the latter part of the sentence.

"You'd be every bit as powerful as him. No more standing by his side, watching him become stronger, and quicker, more popular, watching him get the girl... You'd be equals. Maybe more. Don't you want to get the girl for a change?

Oh wait, that's right, you can't even choose which girl it was is that you want, can you?"

"Leave Aspen out of this." Stiles gritted through his teeth.

"Yes, or no?" Peter ignored him.

"I don't wanna be like you." Stiles said with false confidence, because deep, deep down, the idea of having power appealed to him, like it would anyone. But just because he liked the idea of power, doesn't mean he'd go to these lengths to take it.

"Do you know what I heard just then?" Peter smirked. "Your heart beating slightly faster over the words I don't want. You may believe that you're telling me the truth, but you are lying to yourself."