[ 28 ] the formal

Start from the beginning

"I told him to save me a dance." Aspen added. "I'll get everything off my chest that I need to at the end of the dance. Just in case it goes horribly wrong, I don't want it ruining my night."

The conversation was cut short by the sound of a car pulling up outside the Carter house.

Jackson was there to pick up both of them, because Allison was going solo, seeing as Scott was on probation and wasn't allowed to go to the dance.

"You ready to do this thing?" said Allison.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

...

"Woah..." Jackson gasped as his eyes laid upon the brunette, his gaze landing on the gorgeous red dress she was wearing.

Aspen's cheeks turned slightly rosy as she felt his gaze. Allison took it as her queue to squeeze herself into the backseat of Jackson's Porsche, wanting to avoid third-wheel moments.

"You clean up nice, Whittemore." Aspen spoke, smiling at him.

"Not so bad yourself, Carter." he said back, trying desperately to keep his cool, but he couldn't stop looking at how well that dress flattered her body, as well as how perfectly curled her hair was, and her crimson red lips.

She walked over to the passenger seat of the Porsche, keeping herself stable on her high heels, and Jackson being Jackson, stole himself a peek as he watched her walk from behind.

Once they were strapped into their seats, Jackson looked in the rear-view mirror and noticed the Argent girl wearing an odd expression.

"What's the face for?" he asked her as he started driving.

"There's no face." Allison replied, unconvincing. There was definitely a face, she couldn't help herself but hold raised brows and a sneaky smile, being in the same car as these two.

Jackson caught onto an idea.

"Does she..." he whispered to the brunette in the front seat. Aspen played dumb and looked at him confused. "Does she know about..." his voice trailed off.

Aspen nodded reluctantly. She expected an irritated reaction from him, seeing as they had agreed not to tell anyone, but he just smirked.

"So, you guys talk about me?" he said at a normal volume, holding a cocky grin.

"Get over yourself and drive." Aspen retorted, but couldn't help herself but smile as she said it.

...

The infamous Porsche pulled up at the high school at the same time as the infamous blue jeep, causing a very awkward encounter.

Very awkward.

Stiles helped Lydia out of his jeep, only then did Aspen even realise that the two were coming together. Allison squeezed herself out of the back of the Porsche, but she headed straight into the dance.

Which left Jackson, Aspen, Stiles and Lydia.

Stiles' eyes were immediately drawn to the brunette in the red dress, rather than the the redhead in pink.

If he had been blown away by Aspen's beauty when she wore her daily attire, seeing her like this made his heart skip a couple beats. She was a brunette beauty, looking like her own Disney princess. Her dress showed off her gorgeous tanned legs, flattered her perfect skin, and showed off just the tiniest bit of her chest that was enough to tease.

His eyes must have lingered for a little too long because Jackson's eyes were glaring right through him.

"Jackson," Lydia spoke, strangely enthusiastically, "You look handsome."