xlv. return to hogwarts

PARIS EMERGED FROM THE SECRET ENTRANCE WITH BILL AND FLEUR BESIDE HER, RUSHING FORWARDS

PARIS EMERGED FROM THE SECRET ENTRANCE WITH BILL AND FLEUR BESIDE HER, RUSHING FORWARDS. "can you guys please tell me what's going on now? seriously, what the f—"

"the rest of the order contacted us." bill explained with a shrug. "said its urgent. harry and the others are here."

"hermione?" paris asked.

"yes, hermione's here, she's safe." the red-head assured, leading her towards the great hall. paris then searched around for any sign of her uncle, but she could not see any. choosing to discard it for now, and not think much of it, hoping he would just be arriving soon.

they rushed towards the huge wooden doors, remus and tonks whipping their heads round at the sound of footsteps. "they're here!"

harry could be seen in amongst the rest of the order, looking slightly shaken— but determined. "harry, ron! where's herm—"

"—i'm here!" hermione rushed up to them, jumping into paris' arms. "we tried- we tried to contact you—" she sniffed, face dipped into the brunette's neck. "but there was trouble at gringotts, and—"

"i'm here now, hermione." paris breathed, arms wrapped tightly around her waist. "and i'm never leaving you again."

"or the other way around." the gryffindor added in, her voice muffled. "promise?"

"promise."

"this is a lovely reunion, and everything, but we've got a horcrux to find, and a dark wizard to beat." harry interrupted.

"—oh, right."

   "IT SEEMS, DESPITE YOUR EXHAUSTIVE DEFENSIVE STRATEGIES, you still have a bit of a security problem, headmaster." harry marched into the great hall to confront professor snape, earning an echo of gasps from the students.