xviii. that blonde girl

ALL STUDENT ORGANISATIONS AND SOCIETIES ARE HENCEFORTH DISBANDED

ALL STUDENT ORGANISATIONS AND SOCIETIES ARE HENCEFORTH DISBANDED. any student in non-compliance will face expulsion!' the new decree read, as filch hammered it into the stone wall.

"this isn't a coincidence!" paris rolled her eyes. "someone's snitched. probably that zacharias smith— shifty little git, i knew i didn't like the looks of him—"

"calm down." hermione assured, grabbing her arm. "we'll figure out who it is. meanwhile, our main concern is finding a place to practice."

paris nodded as the pair continued to walk down the hallway, their hands brushing at every step.

"are we going to talk about what happened?" hermione asked, nervously wanting to bring up the subject of the kiss. "you know, when we—"

"oi!" ron yelled, alerting the two girls. "look what neville's done!"

  they rushed over to see the longbottom boy standing timidly in front of the room of requirement.

"neville, you've done it! you've opened the room of requirement!" hermione acted surprised, as if she hadn't been in the same room with paris the previous year.

"i think we've just found our practice spot."

"PARIS." EUDORA CALLED, AS SHE wandered into the dimly lit slytherin common room. "can we talk?"

"uh, sure, but i have to go and meet with h—"

"hermione?"

"harry, actually." paris raised an eyebrow. "what's up?"

"what's up?" the blonde mocked. "we're best friends, paris! or used to be. we never talk anymore, you're always too busy with whatever you're doing with those stuck-up gryffindors, and that pesky know-it-all grang—"