xxix. party arrangements

"HERMIONE?" PARIS CALLED WORRIEDLY, wandering down the steps to see her curled up on the bottom next to harry, tears streaming down her face

"HERMIONE?" PARIS CALLED WORRIEDLY, wandering down the steps to see her curled up on the bottom next to harry, tears streaming down her face. "hermione?" she tread down the steps lightly, and both of the gryffindors turned to face her. "you okay?"

"why don't you ask lavender if she's okay? i'm sure she'd love to hear from you, and maybe kiss you again." she spat.

paris furrowed her eyebrows. "what's that supposed to mean? we didn't kiss! i helped lavender, and in return, she was helping me ask y—"

"oppugno." hermione interrupted her, sending the green birds to come flying straight for paris, who had to dart out of the way to avoid their attack.

     paris shook her head irritably, storming off towards her dormitory.

     "PARIS!" RON HURRIED TOWARDS her in the hallway, as the girl made her way to her next class.

"hey, ron. you alright?" paris smiled.

"you seem cheerful...?" the boy frowned suspiciously.

"why wouldn't i be?"

"because of what happened with you and hermio—"

"i'm over it." paris lied. "honestly. if she doesn't want to listen to me, then who gives a shit?"

ron shifted uncomfortably, nodding slowly. he and harry didn't want to be caught in the middle. "well, um, harry told me to tell you that ginny told him that neville told her that parvati told him, that hermione told her that you can kiss who you want and she couldn't care less."

"i didn't—" paris began, but she stopped herself, sighing. "right." she clenched her fists. "okay, anything else?"

ron shook his head.