xxxvii. regulus black

"PARIS? HARRY? HERMIONE?" ron called loudly, waking up the two girls who were sprawled on the couch; hermione wrapped in paris' arms against her chest

"huh?" paris rubbed her eyes, sitting up.

"what's going on?" hermione asked, sitting up.

"don't know. i think ron's found something."
she held her out out to pull hermione up from the sofa.

    "harry? hermione? paris?" ron repeated again, shouting.

"coming!" paris shouted back, as they wandered down the hallway, where ron was stood outside a door.

"hermione, what's that on your neck?" the red-head asked. "oh—" he snickered. "glad you two enjoyed yourselves."

   "what?" the girl frowned, looking in the mirror and covering the hickeys on her neck with her hair. "shut up, ronald." she hissed, cheeks pink.

"what is it?" paris asked impatiently.

   ron pulled the door of one of the bedrooms shut, and they turned to look at the nametag engraved on the front. "regulus acrturus black?" hermione read.

"r.a.b." the boy nodded.

   "i know i will be dead long before you read this, i have stolen the real horcrux and intend to destroy it." harry read from the parchment again, as they all sat around the table. "r.a.b is sirius' brother?"

"yes." hermione nodded. "question is, did he actually destroy the real horcrux?"

there was a faint clattering from the cupboard at the back of the kitchen, and they stood up to investigate: harry slowly opening the door, and pulling out a protesting house elf. kreacher.

        "you've been spying on us, have you?" harry demanded answers, flinging him to the front of the room.

"kreacher has been watching..." he croaked, hiding behind the counter.