“I don’t want to see you get hurt.” Emily said, I could barely hear her.

“You won’t… I’m not promising anything but we need to find Mona and if I get hurt in the process I’ll just get up and keep fighting. I’m not backing down on this, Em. I don’t want us to fight.”

“I don’t want to fight either… But I’m afraid Ali. I’ve lost you one too many times already and if it happens again… I-I don’t know what I’d do.” Emily confessed. She still had her back facing me so I crawled in front of her and laughed slightly. She looked up at me confused.

“Look at us,” I smiled. “We’re a mess.” I raised my hand to her face and wiped away tears that were brimming her eyes. She began to laugh too in agreement. I pressed my forehead against hers and closed my eyes. “I love you, Emily.”

“I love you, Alison.”

“Oh come on…” Hanna groaned. “Kiss for fucks sake.”

I heard Spencer chuckle and I decided to fulfill Hanna’s wishes. I leaned in slowly until I finally met with Emily’s soft lips. I felt her lips curve into a smile against mine as she began to kiss back. She brought her hands up, one against my cheek and one tangled in my hair. I moaned at the feeling and bit down on her lip.

“Okay, I said kiss not start gettin’ it on.” Hanna mumbled, teasingly. Emily reluctantly pulled away, breathless. I sent her a sly smile and stood up, I offered her my hand and she took it, pulling herself upwards.

“Right… So, we better head there. I’ll drive but I’m gonna have to use your car Spence. Mine was attacked by pigskin- I mean Paige.”

Emily shook her head and nudged me. I smiled innocently and headed for the door.

===============

Once we finally arrived at the place I believed to be where Aria took me, we got out of the car hastily. Emily had one arm firmly bound to my hip as we trudged around in the woods. My 15 year old self would have probably called her ‘Killer’ for being this protective but I understand her intentions. She just wants me to be safe, just as much as I want her to as well.

I heard a snapping sound behind us. Emily pulled me towards her and turned around. “Sorry…” Hanna said. I assume she stepped on a twig or something. Emily didn’t say anything and continued walking, her hold on me still strong. I looked up at her, struggling to keep at her pace as she basically dragged me along with her. Her eyebrows were furrowed with an intense look on her face. I bit my lip, feeling a little guilty since I may be the reason why she’s acting like this.

“I think I see something!” Spencer said, sounding relieved. I squinted at the direction she was pointing at. There was a silhouette of what looked like a cabin. Emily took off in a jog, almost making me fall.

“Emily!” I called out, trying to get out of her grip.

“What?” She snapped.

I was taken aback by her tone of voice. “Nothing…” I mumbled. “Let’s just go.” I felt someone tap on my shoulder. It was Hanna, she looked worried.

“What’s going on with her?” She asked.

“I have no idea.” I replied as I watched Emily run towards the cabin. “Maybe she just wants this all to be over, we all do.”

“But we’re not acting like that.” Spencer said, overhearing our conversation. “There’s something wrong.”

“Just drop it, Spence.” I sighed. We walked in silence as we headed to cabin. I opened the door carefully and peered in. “Emily?” I whispered loudly. No reply. My heart thumped hard in my chest. She can’t be gone. No one took her. She’s okay. I walked into the cabin, it was quite dark but I definitely recognized it