Chapter Twenty-Two: Candy Ring

It has been weeks. Christmas is getting closer, but what the kids are more excited about is the snow. They already have plans — snowball fights which Sana doesn't fully agree to since playing with snow could have the boys catching a cold. The couple had to argue about it. Dahyun with her, "this only happens every winter. Come on, let's have fun! Will and Ben are excited about this," and Sana, with her firm, "no. No, Dahyun." Not long, though, those words would turn to, "fine!" Well, I guess none could refuse puppy eyes from three cute angels.

"So..." Dahyun plopped down, seated next to Sana, who is watching a late-night talk show. "Don't you think her face is getting boring each time?" She told Sana, shaking her head while looking at the actress on the television.

"You are one bad sister," Sana said, pulling Dahyun's ear and making her squeal from pain. "Mina's face gets better each time! What do you mean boring?" She hissed.

The other woman firmly shook her head this time. "You must be talking about your face." She wiggled her eyebrows, leaning closer to peck on Sana's cheek. "There's not a girl I know who is prettier than you."

"Stop sweet-talking me. You have been doing that ever since I got hired," Sana said, smirking teasingly. "Look, it's okay that you have a crush on me—"

"Crush on you?" Dahyun chuckled, squinting her eyes in disbelief. "For your information, lady, you are now my girlfriend," she said. "But okay, maybe I am still crushing on you a bit." She held Sana's hand, smiling while they intertwined fingers. "Like when you are sleeping, and I could only watch you — and smile, think about how lucky I am to get that close look. In times like that, I wonder how come you are my girlfriend."

Sana giggled at the confession. "Is that something like a regret? Because I will throw your face a fist if so," she said.

"See? I wonder how come you are my girlfriend now," Dahyun jested, causing the other woman to roll eyes. "You should be my wife. That's what I think," she was almost whispering. Sana had her heart suddenly beating out of her chest. She knows very well that Dahyun speaks sweetly, but she can't get used to it enough. Her entire world is calm in pink as long as her girlfriend is around.

Sana nodded her head and said, "got any ring?" In a joking manner.

Dahyun's mouth was hanging open. "Right! That's why I feel like something is lacking," she said. "Lemme just..." She suddenly stood up, going somewhere and leaving Sana in wonder. What got her more puzzled is that the woman headed to the fridge.

"What are you doing, babe?" Sana asked, and no response for that.

Just a little while after going through something in the refrigerator, Dahyun came back, hiding something behind her. "I got you a ring," she smirked. Sana couldn't even process it yet, but now that the other is already on one knee, she could only gulp. "Will you marry me?" she asked with a serious — expectant face.

"Really?" Sana laughed after seeing a candy ring. Dahyun only nodded her head, holding back her laughter because she wants it to at least look earnest. "With those?" She asked again, pointing at the ring. Humming, Sana answered, "no," jokingly.

"Yes?" Dahyun asked.

"I said no," Sana answered once again.

"Yes."

"No."

Dahyun rolled her eyes before taking Sana's hand and putting the ring on her pinky. Well, it doesn't fit the ring finger. "Thank you for saying yes," she said before standing up, only to sit on her girlfriend's lap.