Chapter Eighteen: To Cope With Changes

"Dahyun," Sana struggled to say, "my dad..."

They both feared it would be happening soon, but not this soon. Her father's condition was fatal, and he, himself, knows that very well. There is no cure. "I n-need to go and see him," Sana said with her voice trembling.

"I'll come with you, Sana."

"No," the woman firmly shook her head. "This party," she clenched her jaw to stop her cries. "This party is for you, Dahyun. You should be happy tonight."

"I'd rather be sad with you than happy with them Sana. You need me now," Dahyun said. "And I need to be with you," because that's what your father wanted, she thought.

It just broke Sana even more. She feels more vulnerable around people who love her because she knows she can cry. "I need you to look after the kids."

"They can look after them," Dahyun insisted.

"Please," and that's enough. "Dahyun, you hate s-seeing me cry." She said.

"I do."

"And I don't want you to see me cry too. I don't want to be miserable in front of you. I-I don't want you to see me breaking, so, please. Let me go alone," Sana said, and Dahyun can't do anything about it.

She sighed, kissed Sana's forehead long enough only to make her feel she's there with her even though they are far from each other. "I love you, Sana. Come back home to me, okay? I'll wait for you no matter what," Dahyun said. "And remember," she said before kissing the back of Sana's hand, "it doesn't matter how broken you can be when you return in my arms. I will hold you until you are okay. All you have to do is ask, and you'll see me running to you."

Sana knows it—how lucky and loved she is.

"Thank y-you, Dahyun."

What we once enjoyed,
we can never lose.
All that we love deeply
become becomes a part of us.

"Aw," he muttered before blowing on his finger after accidentally getting splashed by water. Closely, he looked at the small burn, and there he heard the doorbell ringing.

Not minding himself anymore, he walked towards the door. To his surprise, it is his only daughter that he missed so much. It would have been a happy sight only if his girl wasn't crying.

"Sana..." he whispered before accepting the girl in his arms. "Who hurt my little girl?" He asked though he had a clue.

"He—he will leave me now. He is leaving me...William and Bentley. Dad, am I wrong? Am I r-really lacking?"

"Not in my eyes," he answered before pulling his daughter inside.

Sana had calmed down a bit after a cup of tea, but her heart is still as broken as it is.

"I was the happiest that day I am married him, Dad. I feel the luckiest to have him because I thought he was like you." Sana suddenly teared up again. "He was just like you. Too good to be true," she said.

"Why? What was I like to you?" He asked. "The perfect man?" Then he smiled before shaking his head. "I am not perfect, Sana. Because if I were, your mother wouldn't look for more."

"But you were the best."

"I am the best at most times you see me, but that doesn't mean I always was," he said. "The truth is," he held Sana's hand and said, "in love, you can be the happiest and the most hurt after. Or you can be the most hurt at first but the happiest when things fall in their right place."