Chapter Four: Markers

The next day, Sana woke up around five-thirty in the morning since she had to bathe the kids. She decided to drop the kids off at his ex-husband's house. After all, they are his children—may they be on good terms or not.

William was frowning the whole time ever since he woke up and Sana told him where they are going. "Do—do we really have to go there? Where is Nana?" He asked while putting his socks on by himself.

Sana could only heave a sigh. She has told William that he shouldn't hate his dad, but the kid couldn't help doing that. He was little, yet he remembers how his mom cried because of that guy. "Nana is busy today, plus grandma wants to see you both. Don't be upset anymore, Will, okay?" She softly said before cupping his cheeks and pecking on the tip of his nose.

"Bro is upset? Why?" Bentley asked before looking at his brother's face. "Are you mad at me?" He asked once again, causing Will to giggle and shake his head.

He hugged his younger brother by the neck before saying, "Why would I get mad at you, baby bro?" He asked him back. Sana's heart lightened after seeing how affectionate the two are each time.

Bentley was only a year old when their father left, so he doesn't know what's going on. All that he understands is that his father is living in a different house and away from them. "Can we buy ice cream there, mommy?" The youngest boy asked.

"Ice cream? Isn't it too early for that?" Sana smiled before pinching Bentley's cheeks. "You should eat breakfast first, okay?"

"Where do we eat?" He asked once again. Well, among the two boys, Bentley loves foods the most. William would always tease him, saying he acts like a pig, but he would always offer his younger brother his food anyway. "I'm hungry."

"You are always hungry, baby bro." The older boy said while laughing. "Mommy, let's leave now. Ben is hungry! He turns into a dinosaur when he is hungry, so we should hurry." He seriously said, causing Sana to fake a surprised face.

"Really? Oh, no! We should go." She said before standing up and carrying Ben in her arms. "Hold my hand, Will." And so the boy did excitedly.

" And so the boy did excitedly