Chapter Five: Bentley's Love

It was Dahyun who got left alone with the kids since Sana had something to do outside. Busily signing her papers, the pale woman took short glances at the quiet William and Bentley. She just now realized that it's almost lunchtime. "Ah, they must be sleepy." She whispered to herself.

Well, she wasn't wrong as William slowly laid himself down on the sofa. "Bro, are you sleeping?" Bentley asked while looking at his brother's face. After the latter has closed his eyes, the younger boy pecked on his cheek and patted the older's head. "Dream of dinosaurs."

"Cute," Dahyun whispered, not realizing she's already been smiling. She had to get her focus back on what she's doing, so she looked back to it. "What do I do again?" She asked herself before clicking her tongue. "Ah, right. Sign papers."

A few minutes later, she felt someone hold her thigh, "Oh!" She placed a hand on her chest and chuckled, "You startled me." It caused Bentley to giggle.

"Were you shocked? It's just Bentley." He said in a tiny voice before struggling to climb up on Dahyun's lap. "What are you doing?" He questioned while the woman helped him up.

"I'm signing papers." She answered right away before taking her sticky notes and giving a pen to Bentley. "Here you sign with your name. Try it." The boy immediately followed, and of course, it was nothing but scribbles again.

"Like this?" Bentley showed Dahyun what he did. The pale woman had to pretend to be surprised.

"Wow! You did great. Did you write Bentley down?"

The younger boy had a huge smile while she stared at Dahyun. "I will write bro's name too! And mommy's." He said before flipping to the next page. "Mama, what's your name?"

"Me? I'm Dahyun." She answered while hugging Bentley's waist with one arm. "Will you sign my name too?"

Bentley proceeded on whatever he's writing, saying, "I like you, mama." He said in a tiny voice, and that caused Dahyun's heart to soften.

"You like me? Why?" She asked with her eyes in wonder.

The little boy didn't answer, but he showed what's on the paper. "I wrote Bentley heart Mama Nyunhyun." He said, only to make Dahyun laugh at how her name got pronounced.

"Oh, is this a heart? Isn't this a circle?" Dahyun asked while holding that paper.

Bentley shook her head, "Heart!" He said in a loud voice, immediately making the woman nod with a contented smile.

"Okay, okay. It's a beautiful heart! Thank you." She said before ruffling his hair and affectionately hugging him. Oh, how much she hates children, but these kids, they are different—lovely.

When she heard Bentley yawning, she asked, "Don't you want to sleep? Your brother's already sleeping." The boy suddenly hugged her in the neck.

"Mommy hugs me to sleep." He said, and it left Dahyun with no choice but to do the same. She stood up, carrying Bentley in her arms—slowly swaying while she looked outside the window.