Kabanata 22

Yumuko ako at humikbi.

"May pinagsamahan kami... h-hindi niya magagawa 'yun sa'kin...." umiling ako

The image of Rina and I enjoying our work together flashed in my mind like lightning. The good memories we shared hurt me even more. Sa rami ng tao, isa siya sa huli kong paghihinalaan. She's my manager for pete's sake! It's her duty to protect me atleast not because she cares but because it is her reponsibility....

"She just did, sweetheart. It was clear. I will show you the data for proof. I'm sorry to say this but you've been keeping a snake for a long time."

Inihilamos ko ang aking palad sa aking mukha upang saluhin ang sariling luha. I weakly sat on the edge of the bed as the excruciating pain assaulted my heart. So this is how betrayal feels like.

"M-Maybe I did something wrong that pushed her to do this-"

"No Hannah. You didn't. Don't blame yourself. You treated her just right. Don't give her the benefit of the doubt. She doesn't deserve it." Khalil spat mercilessly

Lumubog ang kabilang parte ng kama nang umupo siya sa tabi ko. He draped his arms over my shoulder and pulled me closer for a half-hug. His thumb was drawing small circles on my right arm while I was busy catching my own tears.

I tried to talk but my mouth have gone stiff. The room was silent for a long while, my sob was all I can hear.

"Do you want to sue her?" Kai critically asked

I bit my lower lip as I shake my head without hesitation. Khalil's eye grew darker, indicating his disapproval.

"If you won't, I will. She deserve to be put behind bars, Hannah. She hurt you and that alone, for me, is more than enough reason to make her life miserable." his voice was dripping with acid that if I was in my normal state, I'd get scared

"I c-can't... hindi ko kaya..."

It was dumb, I know. I am mad at Rina. I am mad but I don't hate her. I can't....

"Han," hindi makapaniwalang sambit ni Khalil

"Please Khalil... kakausapin ko lang siya, hindi ipapakulong..."

He clenched his jaw as his eyes transitioned from ruthless to tender. He sighed defeatedly.

"Okay. I respect your decision."

Hinapit pa niya ako lalo upang hinalikan ang tuktok ng aking ulo. Ang tanging nagawa ko lang ay pumikit at magpaubaya.

"WHAT can you say about this issue, Mister Saldivar?"

"Nag-break na po ba kayo ni Hannah Suarez?"

"Are you mad at her?"

"Are you taking her side?"

"Are you thinking of doing some legal action and file a case against the both of them?"

My lips parted a bit and my hands started shaking as I watch Khalil on the television, the next day. He's wearing a royal blue tuxedo, black oxford shoes and neatly combed hair, sporting a very authoritative and ruthless look. Nasa PML towers siya nang harangan ng mga reporters. They flocked towards him like they were so eager to hear his opinion. Punong-puno ng tao ang hallway na dinaanan niya at halos magkagulo ang lahat nang makita siya.

He initially hated the thought of going to work in exchange of leaving me in the condo but I insisted. I told him I can take care of myself and now look where it lead him. Hindi ko man lang naisip na pagkakaguluhan siya ng mga reporters. Darn. I should not have pushed him. Ngayon, sya pa etong naiipit.