Kabanata 18

My head throbbed when I got up in the morning? It hurts so bad! I cursed the alcohol as I rush to the bathroom and puke. Gosh. I will never drink like a fish again!

"Ano? Sige inom pa," Wawa mocked when he saw me probably looking shit with my bird's-nest-like hair and the same outfit as yesterday's.

"Duh as if you didn't drink din no?" I spat "By the way, where's Clau and Bench?"

"Ayun, naglakad-lakad. Deep heart-to-heart talk." 

Oh.

Yeah.

Nag-out nga pala si Bench kagabi. He confessed! 

"Hindi parin talaga ako makapaniwala Wawa...." 

"Ako rin eh," umiling siya

"I'm so so happy for Bench. I could just imagine him hiding his feelings for so long and now finally freeing it."

If not because of my hurting head, I would tear up na naman.

"Ako rin naman." 

"Weh talaga?"

He looked....

"I am quite disappointed but I will support Bench. It's still fresh kaya medyo nawe-weirduhan pa ako." he explained with a tight smile "Oh eto, advil."

I was about to turn my back when I realized it's Wawa's birthday! Kinuha ko muna ang gift ko for him and turned my camera on to film his reaction. I greeted my babies good morning narin since I want to start my day with them.

"What's that?" his brows furrowed when I showed him the paperbag, with my camera directed to his face

"Ngiti ka muna and then greet them.." inginuso ko ang cam

He greeted them like an obedient puppy and turned to me again. I started singing 'happy birthday' and so Wawa smiled so wide na.

"Thank you."

I went to him for a hug before handing my gift.

"Ano 'to?"

"Just open it." I urged

And as expected, he was happy. It was a nonfiction book, about politics. Wawa being Wawa, nagbasa agad. He's not a bookworm but he loves book, if that make sense?

After drinking the tablet Wawa gave me, I fixed myself para fresh na ulit. While I was applying sunblock, my phone rang. I shot my brows up when I saw Khalil's name. I rolled my eyes as I answer.

"Yes?"

"Good morning." sagot niya sa namamaos na boses

I stopped what I was doing to go to the veranda. Wala pa sina Claui, si Wawa naman ay naliligo so I think this is the time para makapag-usap kami. No pretentions and all that.

"Why did you call?" I asked, ignoring his greetings

I heard him sigh heavily.

"To check up on you.."

To check up on me. Ang sweet niya, no? Tss.

"What are you? A doctor?" I smiled sarcastically to myself

I know I'm being mean, last week pa actually. But I can't help it. The image of Angela and thoughts of them making milagro or whatever in his office kept flashing in my mind. Idagdag pa na may period ako today.

"Come on. You were drunk last night, I just want to know how you're feeling.."

"Okay, then. My head hurts but I'm okay now. I'm bound to eat breakfast with my friends if you'll let me drop this call and let me finish what I was doing." suplada kong sagot