I hadn't even noticed that I was late. I was a month and 2 weeks late to be exact. I had been working so much that it became one less thing to think about. "How did you feel?" I was thinking what if. What if I was really pregnant? If I was then Robert would be excited and that could change him right? I could barely focus on work throughout the day but somehow still got it done. When I clicked it off my first job, I went and bought a test. I told myself that I'd take it when I got home. So I fought to stay focused on work so I could get home quick enough.

"Damn Chica. You were moving fast as hell. What's the occasion?" "I want to get home. I have to do something and hopefully it'll be good news." "Well I'm going to say a prayer for you. Hopefully it turns out good." Melinda quickly put up her cart and grabbed her purse. I was so anxious to take the test. I grabbed 2 big bottles of water and guzzled them on the way home. When I got there I rushed to the bathroom. I don't even think that Robert heard me. Putting the test back in the wrapper and sitting it on the sink, Mel began washing her hands.

Going into the kitchen, she looked for something quick to eat. Seeing nothing appealing, she grabbed an apple and went back to the bathroom. Two minutes later she pulled the test out, her eyes shut tight. A tiny prayer leaving her lips just before she looked at it. Negative. She sat there staring at it, her heart crushed yet again. Not even the sound of Robert coming into the bathroom made her move. "Oh shit when did you get home?" He asked, his pants unzipped. "Like 5 minutes ago." She stood up, letting him pee as she threw the test in the trash.

"Why did you do that?" "Do what Robert?" "Take a pregnancy test. You know you can't get pregnant so why you tormenting yourself?" "I'm not 100 percent barren Robert. My chances are-" "Your chances are 10 percent if we're being realistic. That might as well be nothing. If you haven't gotten pregnant in the past 6 years then why the fuck you even putting that stress on yourself? You're causing your own depression. Doing dumb shit like that." "Did you tell him that you were late?" For what? He clearly didn't expect my to ever get pregnant so I just threw the box away and left it alone. But I also decided that it was time for me to live a little.

Getting up a little earlier, Mel headed to work to have a little time to talk to Jo. "What you doing here?" "I'm in." "In what?" "My birthday. We can go out. But let's stay in the city. But I'll invite my sisters and we can just go have fun." "What about Robert?" "He probably won't think twice about me being at work. And after last night he can kiss my ass." Jo turned to face Mel with questions. "What happened?" "I went home and took a test because I was actually a month late. It came back negative but he was just so rude for no reason. Like what's wrong with me having hope?"

"Absolutely nothing. You have hope then I have hope too. We're going to have fun for your birthday then after that I'll give you my doctor's number and maybe she can help you. I don't approve of you having a spawn with Triple B but if that's the sperm donor you want then okay." Mel felt her lip quiver as she hugged her best friend. She was feeling good about this. She was wishing for a break instead of just taking one. She was going to enjoy herself by any means necessary.

Taking her lunch, she went by June's house to see her handsome nephew. Mel was beginning to relax around her nephew and sisters. "Soooo what's the plan this year?" Brenda asked, sipping on some tea. "Jo is planning something. You guys are invited actually." "Jo is planning something? Not that man you call a husband?" Brenda tossed out. It was shit like that. Why did she have to bring up irrelevant shit and ruin my mood. I was actually feeling happy and she decided I wasn't allowed to.

"If you don't want to celebrate my birthday with mw just say that." "I'm just saying shouldn't he be planning something for you instead of you relaying on your best friend?" "Why can't you just be glad that I have intentions of dressing up and going out to relax and have fun. Isn't that what you've been wanting me to do?" June felt the need to step in. "We are happy and we will be there. It's been a while since we've had fun with our kid sister. Quick question though. Is it okay if I bring Casey? We haven't had a real night out since Emmett."