Shaking her head with a giggle, Mel went back to focusing on the tightest knot. If I hadn't been so fucking irritated with that damn cord I would've seen him. Maybe I would've been saved then. Maybe I would've left Robert and life would be so good for me. But destiny has a way of laughing at you while they give you the run around. "Who is the him you're referring to?" Derrick. "Melinda can you grab the paper towels on the top shelf?" Christina asked. "Yeah," Mel said, taking a quick break from the earphones.

Grabbing everything they needed, Mel pushed her cart out first, still fiddling with the earphones. "Why do we need the cord!? We have phones without cords. Can we get some earphones without them too?" "You'd think so but I guess someone hasn't figured it out yet." As the two talked and worked together to get them undone, the elevator dinged, footsteps heard coming down the hall. Neither ladies looked up, the earphones winning against them.

"I'm leaving now. I apologize for my tardiness. Yes baby. With flowers. I love you," a husky voice said. As the man passed he put his phone in his pocket, looking at his watch. "Good night ladies," Derrick said just before exiting the building. Melinda looked up, wondering who that was. "Did you see that man?" She asked Christina. "No. It was probably Mr. Montgomery. He been staying late lately. Heard his wife found out about his secretary."

It was Derrick. The scent of his cologne, I remember it."Let's work up to that okay? How did this lead up to Robert being physical with you?" I guess they threw an office party or something. Celebrating a milestone or whatever. I didn't get home til late. One in the morning late. Mel pulled up in her driveway, seeing the lights on yet again. With it being so late, you would think that he would've been sleep. Walking inside, she saw the the tv on with that battery on the coffee table. Pinching the bridge of her nose she walked upstairs.

She needed sleep about 5 hours and then she had to be up to get ready for work. The bed engulfed her as soon as she sat down. The sound of her alarm blaring at 6:00 on the dot startling her awake. Groaning as she turned it off, she slowly got up and went to the bathroom to do her hygeine. Not even 5 minutes after getting in the shower, Robert came in to take the most disrespectfully loud piss. "Hey babe!" He yelled out. "Mmhmm." "You want some company before work?" "I want some sleep." "Well let me send you to work happy."

Mel rolled her eyes, not even answering him. Seeing his shadow through the curtain she could tell he was getting undressed. His sexual appetite was abnormal in my opinion. He was always horny. Just ready to pounce on you when he wasn't thinking about that damn battery. He couldn't even take a hint that I wasn't in the mood. But at least he wasn't fucking another woman right? I'm still not sure he wasn't. Pulling the shower curtain back, Robert stepped in, interrupting Mel's relaxing time.

"When's the last time we showered together huh?" He asked, towering over her. "I don't know Robert. Look I gotta get to work. We have a lot going on. Raincheck?" "Baby 5 minutes. Just give me 5 minutes." When he said 5 minutes he meant 15. Thank God for the water because nothing about that man had me aroused that morning. Mel finally got to work, seeing everyone already hard at work. "Busy day today. I already want to go home." Jo spilled, walking up to her friend. "My desk isn't covered is it?" "Yup. One stack needs to be taken to the basement. The others need to be filed by the end of the day."

"Uggghhh.  I need coffee." "You look tired and a little flush." "I am exhausted. Last night took too long and Robert thought he was being cute trynna dry hump me." "Excuse me? No means no even in marriage. You know you can say your husband raped you right?" Jo dropped as if Mel would do it. "Shut up Jo. I've been a little moody too so might be my period coming." "Don't you usually start 2 days after me?" Melinda nodded as she looked through the files on her desk. "Mine ended last monday. You're late?"