C.R.E.A.M

*2 Weeks Later*

Lokka walked downstairs in her white strappy heels. Her brown suede calf length dress hugged her body tightly as she took careful steps. Carlos’s office door was wide open as she walked past not bothering to look in, or remind him that it was her graduation day. Ever since he had put his hands on her, she had been avoiding him. Not because she was scared, but because her anger towards him hadn’t subsided yet.

“Mija, come.” He called as she sashayed past.

Rolling her eyes, she turned on the ball of her feet making her way to him. Sitting down in the chair, she folded her arms across her chest with a deep breath.

“I want to apologize.” His deep voice filled the room.

It was killing him that his baby girl, a girl he raised since she was just a toddler was hurt by his doing.

She stared at him for a second before scoffing. Carlos shook his head. He should have known that she wouldn’t accept it. He also shouldn't have been so surprised that she challenged his authority. He molded her into the female version of himself, with the advantage of knowing the things he learned over the years without actually experiencing them.

He leaned back into his plush chair, taking a cigar from the cedarwood box to his left. Lighting it, he tilted his head meeting her intense eyes with his own. Over the years, even though they weren’t blood, Lokka seemed to favor him. Especially with the way her eyes were completely vacant, like his, causing people to constantly be afraid of what evil she could be thinking and plotting.

“You know....” He said taking a puff, before exhaling. “You were right.” He pointed the cigar her direction.

“Of course I was right.”Lokka says instinctively, before eyebrows knitted together in confusion, “About what exactly?”

Carlos laughed. “Everything comes to an end. How long will it take until I fall? I thought about it and the answer is I don’t know. It could be years, it could be tomorrow. But, either way, you need to be ready. Next week, you will be working. Full-time.”

He could tell Lokka was intrigued by the way she sat up in her chair, biting her bottom lip, “What’s the catch?”

“Obviously, your little outburst has caused some-" He took a pause thinking over his words, "-tension. And concerns about you with the barrio elders. So, we made a proposition for you. I will hand over half of our clientele to you, if you can have your own crew assembled by your 19th birthday. That only gives you 1 month.” Carlos said sitting the cigar in his crystal ashtray.

Lokka smirked. She already had everyone she wanted. “1 month is more time than I need. Oh, and Dez is now apart of my crew.” She said before leaving out, not forgetting to grab her purse and her Cap and Gown that was still wrapped in plastic.

------------------------------------------

Sitting in the auditorium, Lokka and Dez had both already recieved their diplomas and was watching other students as they came up one by one recieving theirs.  Boredom wasnt the word, as Lokka eyed her surroundings before being drawn back to the stage as Yusuf walked across it. Watching him hand his diploma to who she assumed was his mother, Yusuf strolled past making his way into the empty hallway.

He was just the person she wanted to see, as she quickly handed her belongings to Dez before quietly removing herself from the scene.

Making her way out, Lokka spotted Yusuf on the far end of the hall walking into the men's bathroom. She slipped in behind him quietly, seeing
Yusuf was at one urinal unzipping his pants, while Avery was at a urinal on the other end of the line.

She had talked to Avery a while back, and she vaguely explained what she was about and how dangerous it was being around her. In the short amount of time they had spent together, she actually found herself caring deeply about him and she just wanted to keep him safe. So they broke it off and stopped associating. 

Sometimes in life, the best thing to do is to leave. She knew he wasn’t as hard body as he looked and with her line of family business, he wouldn’t be able to handle it. They were still cool though. He kind of understood where she was coming from, and he also didn’t want to be in the cross fire again.

Avery shook off and tucked himself before turning around. “Shit!” He yelped jumping seeing Lokka sitting on the counter between sinks.

She smiled, “I need to talk to Yusuf.”

He just shook his head as he washed his hands. Taking in the way her dress was hugging her thighs, he licked his lips thinking about what could've been before leaving without a word. He knew the less he felt about her, the safer he was.

The door slammed shut making it silent except for the sound of Yusuf handling his business. 

“I want you on my team.” She said finally speaking up.

He chuckled without looking her way. “I’ll have Corey think about it. He ain’t your biggest fan.”

Lokka tried to look away but the curiously got the best of her. Her eyes wandered down making her eyebrow rise. With his gown open and tucked behind his elbows, Yusuf stood a good distance away from the urinal. He was using both hands to hold his manhood, one in front of the other and he still had a little length left.  He was definitely slanging with something major.

Yusuf could feel her staring as he side eyed her. Breaking her gaze, her line of sight rose meeting his. With her quickly looking away, he smirked letting a small chuckle escape him.

She cleared her throat as he shook off. “I don’t care what he thinks of me." She said as he approached her, "I said I want you.”

Yusuf used the sink next to her to wash his hands slowly as he thought about her proposition,“We work together.”

Hopping down from the counter, she sucked her teeth, “And look where that got you. You been killin’ wit him since 7th grade. You’re about to graduate high school now and ya’ll still doing petty contracts because he ain’t a people person. People dont trust people they dont like. I can get you on a whole new level. I could put you on some game right now making some real fuckin’ money.”

Money.

That word made Yusuf’s head pop up like dog ears. Money was everything to him. He needed it bad, and with Corey, he wasnt making as much as he knew they could be. He only needed 5 seconds to know where he wanted to be.

"Aight shawty. You got yourself a killer.” He spoke smoothly making Lokka smile as she handed him a paper towel to dry his hands.

“Good. Now let's go celebrate.” She said walking out.