New Flex

Dez licked his lips, eyeing Lokka as she walked down the hall with a newly found bounce in her step.

It's been almost a month since they had talked freely. The only time Dez could get Lokka to address him now was if she was relaying a message from Carlos.

He watched her as she met up with Avery who had put his arms around her, burying his face in her neck. He was playing around with her, talking with a big grin while she was giggling, and rubbing his head.

Dez jumped hard when Marquan tapped his shoulder breaking his trance. He was so wrapped up in the scene down the hall that he didn't notice him walk up.

"Still ain't talkin' to you yet bruh?" he said dapping Dez.

Dez shook his head turning to continue putting his belongings in his locker, "She'll get over it. Dude is just irkin' me though."

"Yea, I guess." Marquan mumbled watching them himself.

Lokka had a different glow about her that he'd never seem before. Something about seeing her blush and just overall being soft was a little unsettling but refreshing.

"Just do me, her, yourself, and your other good leg a favor though?" he said turning his attention back to Dez.

"What?"

Marquan leaned the lockers cocking his head to the side knowingly, "Leave them alone. Don't go fucking up shit, cuz it's gon' backfire on you."

"Yea whatever." Dez said shrugging him off.

He wasn't going to just let Lokka go and be happy with the next guy when he knew he wanted her.

Why even let her settle when he knows he's what's best for her?

Grabbing Dez's shouder before he could walk off Marquan sighed, "I'm serious. I ain't tryna get killed because you can't handle your emotions."

He wasn't involve in their "business" but he knew what they did and he knew Lokka's temper, but more importantly he knew Carlos's.

Dez sucked his teeth waving him off, he didn't give a shit about that right now. His mind was on the way Avery had his arms on Lokka's waist dipping dangerously low.

He took the scenic route to science, walking past her class to see Avery sitting on her desk smiling in her face.

-----‐--------------------------------------------

Avery sat on top of Lokka's desk laughing as he tried to ruffle the top of her head causing Lokka to pop his hand moving her head to the side.

Feeling someone staring for the umpteenth time today, he glanced to his left watching Dez walked pass the classroom door with scowl on his face.

"Ion think playboy like me?" Avery said as he nodded towards the door.

She laughed shaking her head, "So what?" by the time she looked up Dez was gone.

"Mr. Chandler, Can you have a seat?" The teacher said.

Avery raised his eyebrows making a face as he jumped down taking the seat next Lokka.

They weren't paying attention because the whole class as they bugged and bumped each other. Generally, just being annoying. The only thing that had them excited, was "You're dismissed for lunch."

After hitting up their lockers, Avery held Lokka's hand as they walked through the cafeteria. As they reached the cheesesteak line, Dez was standing there as Kelina hung off of him talking about a bunch of nothing.