Chapter Thirty-Three: A...Hug...

Start from the beginning

" Well most of your files are locked and really secure, sadly I am not the greatest hacker so I cant really get into them so that's one of the reasons as to why I want to ask you some questions.

Anyways I want to know how you started all this, how did you find the money and how did you developed such knowledge and skill in this area of work?" I asked, his eyes still focused on my eyes as he grabs different devices that I have no name for sadly.

I'm not a scientist..

" I'll tell you the truth beacuse you look like a trustworthy person. Plus the fact that you saved me and Cashe from getting shot so this is the least I can do"
He began as he glances behind him and then back towards me.

" I didn't actually find this place myself 20 years ago, I had a friend that has sadly died now, but him and his son was a big help in building this place from the ground upwards."

" Who was that exactly?" I asked, receiving a look.

" I was going to tell you, give me a minute to tell you my story" Hitting me on the shoulder as the bright light dims down abit. Probably noticing my discomfort.

" As i was saying, you probably wouldn't know who these people are, but I'll tell you anyways." Smiling towards me.

" My friends name was Korton Bastian, his son being Kabel Bastian.." Which made me freeze..

Kabel worked with Matthew's... As in Kabel and Shelby...

Wait, so that meant he worked with him on this organisation. Something happened and Kabel went off on his own..

Doesnt he want him dead?

Shock clearly written on my face as Matthew's seemed to notice.

" Do you know them?" Whatever he was doing now stopped as I shake my head.

" Oh, no.. I just love the name choice, not something you see everyday!" A shiver going down my spine.

" You sure" Scrunching his eyebrows together as he placed a hand ontop of my head.

" Dude, get your greasy hands off of my face. Your the reason why I have a mass load of spots on my head?" I whined, grabbing his wrist and shoving it away.

" Yeah, your fine. And you have no spots?"

" And that's why you have glasses" I resort, readjusting myself on the chair as my back that now has small marks left behind begins to sting slightly.

Reacting in that way was the only way to get him off of the topic of worry..
Or as you could say ' Convincing somebody that your okay and that theres nothing to worry too much about even though they suspect that to be untrue'

In which hes probably right.

" Anyways, please continue" I spoke, cutting him off before he could respond to my glasses comment.

" Glasses, what is she on.." He muttered to himself before speaking clearly.

" Right anyways, We worked extremely hard on the project. Our first fix being on his son Kabel.. it was a big success to say the least, and after that we blew up. Saving those we found and fixing them up to be what they are today. Until it took a turn?"

Placing his utensils down as he sits onto his chair that was next to me.

I guess his eye examination finnished.

" And that being?" Sitting myself up.

Hesitating for a few seconds he sighs.

" Your so lucky that I actually like you.." Muttering yet again under his breathe. If he believes that hes being quiet, he is madly mistaken..

" Right, well around 15 years ago, 5 years after our project started and took off. Me and Korton went out to get some supplies; we needed more mechanical materials.

Anyways, we got ambushed by somebody called the Vipers who were teamed up with another organisation and sadly Korton died. Kabel thinking that it was me who killed him eventhough I explained so many times that it wasnt, left.

And I've not seen him since." Looking towards the ground, muttering words to himself that I couldnt actually hear this time.

Placing a hand onto his shoulder.

So that's what K's after, he wants to destroy what he helped create. Probably aiming to kill Shelby, beacuse of his father's death that he didnt even commit...

Or so he says..

" Hey, cheer up. You have your son?" As he produced a small chuckle.

" But i lost my wife and daughter.." He whispered, lowering his head.

I would love to ask him how his wife and daughter died. But right at this moment, it doesnt seem to be the right time. Plus the fact that, that could be too personal..

" Let's end the questions for now" I said, giving him something I though I'd never do.

A...hug...

As he wrapped his arms around me.. this is not how I thought this would end.

------------------------------

Third person:

" Sir I could of knocked her lights out" The sniper shouted, pushing the double doors open as they smash against the walls.

" And Castillo said not too, your lucky he isnt here beacuse you would of got a right rollicking for how your acting" Another man, much older then the sniper responded.

The dark gloomy room, helping the identities of the man become unknown.

" Then why ask me too?"

" Because if his original plan didnt work, we needed to get rid of her. Clearly he doesnt need to do that anymore"

" Wouldnt it be better if the devils daughter just disappeared?"He scoffs, receiving a slap.

" Many others could say the same to you" The older man spat. Shaking his head in disappointment.

" Now, go. Castillo wants you to meet with the other snipers. He has a mission for you all" The older man shooting him off, not excepting another peep from the sniper to which he obeys.

The boy rolling his eyes as he walks back through the door.

" What a piece of -"

*******************
Chapter Thirty-Three -Complete-
(1499 words)