Chapter Four: Getting closer to the Firecracker

The scene shifts to team RWBY in their dorm room. Blake is sitting with her arms crossed.

Ruby: We want you to go to the dance.

Blake: That's ridiculous.

Yang: Blake, we're worried about you. This investigation is starting to mess with your head.

Weiss: You can't sleep, you hardly eat, and to be honest, your grades have been suffering.

Blake: You think I care about grades? People's lives are at stake my own goddamn brother would have died if we didn't go to that base! we have to stay on their tail so nobody else gets hurt!

Yang puts her hand on Blake's, lowering it.

Yang: We know, and we're all still trying to figure out what Torchwick is up to.

Ruby: Thanks to you and Sun, we know they're operating somewhere outside of southeast Vale.

Weiss: And, the Schnee company records singled out Vale as the primary target for Dust robberies over the last few months.

Yang: Don't forget about their missing military tech too.

Blake: But there's still unanswered questions!

Ruby: Blake, you won't be able to find anything if you can't even keep your eyes open!

Yang: All we're asking is that you take it easy for one day.

Weiss: It will be fun! Yang and I will make sure of it.

Yang: Yeah! We're planning the whole event! I'm going to ask your brother to the dance he seems rather nice.

Yang pumps her fists which causes the bed to bounce Blake.

Blake: Excuse me?

Weiss: Team CFVY's away mission lasted longer than expected and Yang are you sure? He was a Whitefang member up until recently.

Yang looked at Weiss with a glare as did Blake.

Yang: Weiss have you learned nothing from the night at the docks? Also he can explain to us later. 

She turns to Blake.

Yang: So anyway, Weiss and I were asked to pick up where they left off. And now we can make sure you have the perfect night.

Weiss: And once it's all over, we'll return for our search, rested and ready and I'm assuming along with your brother.

Ruby: So what do ya think?

Blake: I think this is a colossal waste of time.

Blake walks away from the group and opens the dorm door.

Blake: I'll be in the library.

She walks out of the room.

Yang: Great.

Weiss: She can't keep going on like this.

There's a knock at the door and Weiss approaches and opens it. Jaune appears at the door with a guitar.

Jaune: Weiss!

Weiss slams the door in his face.

Jaune: Oh, come on, open the door! I promise not to sing.

Weiss opens the door.

Jaune: I lied! Weiss Schu-nee, will you accompany me, to the dance on... Sunday!?

Weiss: Are you done?

Jaune: Yes?

Weiss: No. What?

Both girls are standing precariously.

Yang: And that is why they call you the Ice Queen.

Ruby finally collapses.

Weiss: All my life, boys have only cared about the perks of my last name. Besides, I already have a date in mind.

Ruby: Date or no date, none of this will matter if we can't get Blake to go.

The were interrupted by a knock, To which Yang got up and answered, She was surprised to see nobody just a vase of sun flowers out side their dorm room, attached to it is a note addressing her she picked it up and read it.

"Yang would you be so kind to accompany me to the dance? I would love to get to know you better and I feel as though this is the perfect time to do so. The choice is up to you.

-Y/N Belladonna." 

Ruby: Aw that's so cute!

Yang blushed as she just noticed she read it out loud.

Weiss: How come she gets a sincere letter!?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emerald: Pyrrha Nikos.

The scene shifts to Cinder in her dorm room, sewing a black dress as she sits on one of the beds. Emerald is sitting on the floor while looking at her Scroll, and Mercury is lying on the ground and reading a comic book.

Cinder: Ah, the invincible girl.

Mercury: She's smart, but I wouldn't say invincible.

Cinder: Do tell.

Emerald: Her Semblance  is Polarity. But you'd never know just by watching.

Mercury: From what I have seen whenever she touches an opponents metal gear she can redirect it. 

Emerald: Just enough to make it look like she's untouchable. She doesn't broadcast her power, so it puts her opponent at a disadvantage.

Cinder: Hmm... People assume that she's fated for victory, when she's really taking fate into her own hands. Interesting. Add her to the list.

Mercury: You should be able to take her no problem.

Cinder: It's not about overpowering the enemy. It's about taking away what power they have. And we will, in time.

Mercury: The real problem is the new Belladonna, He destroyed me without trying and from the few seconds he used his semblance  I have no Idea how to counter it, It's......Scary.

Cinder furrows her brows but then smiles.

Cinder: Ah yes Adam did mention the little kitty but he says he has something to deal with him when the time comes.